Everyone has a grail list i have a user grail list what are your best users

My favorite is a (1) ratweiler, followed very quickly by the (2) 1311. I really like a (3) mil overrun 911 I have as well. I'm hoping the new (4) steelheart falls in there as well. I think the RMD would be right up there but I did end up selling it in favor of an LT Wright knife, someone who also makes very nice knives for the money.

wq5lz2kl.jpg

zGDruEIl.jpg

HH09YQll.jpg

boGKdgLl.jpg

iJ3Y9Qul.jpg

Although I have lot's of occasionally used knives, none get used often.

High on the list would have to be the CGFBM and the ur Ratweiler.

If only I could find one of those laying around in a riverbank:rolleyes:

Just gotta keep lookin I guess.:(

My fave user is a stripped TGLB, Then again i haven't really used much else. I need to widen my horizon and try different models. Hellrazor or Tank buster look like really nice "Mid sized" users.

I still haven’t found a small knife that has the gen1 howling rat beat for overall usability.

I guess my perfect user list would be:
1. Gen 1 Howling Rat
2. Dog Soldier 6/8
3. Basic 9 (crinkle coat version)
4. SHBM
5. Busse Ruck Kensei

Honorable mentions:
6. Fusion steel heart (standard thickness full convex)
7. Hog badger (I haven’t had one but this has so much potential)
8. TGLB
9. CGFBM
10. AK47

Thanks. That's my DTBM. I got a bit rough with it and removed the rear talon due to pinky bite during heavy chopping. Also gave it a regrind and sanded the scales smooth. Still an awesome blade but I use the BME2 more often so it didn't make my "top 5."

The scales are actually tan micarta, they just look red in that pic. Here's an older pic with the rear talon intact that shows the actual scale color better:

2ln8r48.jpg

Love the color variation you get with micarta. The scales on my Hell Razor look tan/ brown when they're dry, like in the group shot above, but with some mineral oil on them they look very maroon:

96miw6.jpg
The DTBM definitely is a pinky biter in factory form. I dehorned all the edges on mine and it made a huge difference.

If only I could find one of those laying around in a riverbank:rolleyes:

Just gotta keep lookin I guess.:(

My fave user is a stripped TGLB, Then again i haven't really used much else. I need to widen my horizon and try different models. Hellrazor or Tank buster look like really nice "Mid sized" users.
Its giving the turkey swimmin lessons another one of busses magical power lol

I only buy blades I intend to use, but do have several that haven't broken in yet.

Here's a pic of all my users from Op2WksPt1:

34f0jnm.jpg

And one with the BME2 and my latest aquisition, the mighty Chopweiler:

28auv07.jpg

Users not pictured include a RMD LE, B8 LE, 1111, and 1311.

I guess if someone twisted my arm and made me pick my top 5 users, today it would be:

-AMS
-SOS
-JMD
-Chopweiler
-BME2
-Boom Parang
-CG BB13

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :D
Nice! Interesting wear on the boom parang. That is one model I don’t have but hope to acquire. I would have thought more toward the end of the blade would have been the sweet spot for chopping but it seems like middle of that blade is best?

1. NMSFNO would probably be my “one knife.” With that blade, I think I could take care of anything that needed taking care of. But why limit to one? So...
2. BGFSH, thin. Another that could probably do all I needs to get done.
3. Forsaken Team Gemini: because every Busse list HAS to include a Gemini.
4. NFSH... simply because it is a badass Bowie blade, INFI, and has a fusion handle (albeit a bit on the wee side).
5. Hog Badger, because it is about my most keen cutter of INFI.
6. Flak Jack, or Axe Hammer. Both are great blades, the grip is the same, for all practical purposes, and they both are keen cutters.

Also rans are any species of Hellrazor, or the SFNO of any type. And I’m betting the NFNO will join the crowd.

I have many others, and honestly, any breed of ‘mandu is always on the list.

Ahhhhh the agony of choice!! There are too many that are all so good. My fav big chopper is without a doubt the MOAB. That thing eats hardwood like it's balsa.
rob i have seen your youtube channel most of your knives eat up wood like its balsa they r all busse's

Greetings. Thinking by your name you ride an 883 Sportster.

Top Five Bussekin Users...

RMD...SARSquatch...DSF...Battle Rat...and of course, one of my (too) many ASH1’s. Good luck with your growing collection. If you are like most of us here, you will soon own more Bussekin than a sane man would admit.

Thanks. That's my DTBM. I got a bit rough with it and removed the rear talon due to pinky bite during heavy chopping. Also gave it a regrind and sanded the scales smooth. Still an awesome blade but I use the BME2 more often so it didn't make my "top 5."

The scales are actually tan micarta, they just look red in that pic. Here's an older pic with the rear talon intact that shows the actual scale color better:

2ln8r48.jpg

WOW. That is a beauty. I love it.

Nice! Interesting wear on the boom parang. That is one model I don’t have but hope to acquire. I would have thought more toward the end of the blade would have been the sweet spot for chopping but it seems like middle of that blade is best?

Yeah, that's just where it developed naturally. On all my choppers it seems the sweet spot is about a fist's width in front of the balance point.

This is another old pic, but it also shows the wear pattern close-up:

1puxl2.jpg

Highly recommend the BP. It's a hell of a chopper. It might really be the last one I'd let go of if it ever came down to that.

Jerry said: "This super chopper is a throwback design of mine from the 1980s.

The rounded butt of the Boom Parang facilitates an extreme forward grip which greatly increases leverage and chopping power. Running a piece of paracord from front to back secures this magnificent chopper to the hand under the heaviest impacts."

It's all true! :eek: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1. NMSFNO would probably be my “one knife.” With that blade, I think I could take care of anything that needed taking care of. But why limit to one? So...
2. BGFSH, thin. Another that could probably do all I needs to get done.
3. Forsaken Team Gemini: because every Busse list HAS to include a Gemini.
4. NFSH... simply because it is a badass Bowie blade, INFI, and has a fusion handle (albeit a bit on the wee side).
5. Hog Badger, because it is about my most keen cutter of INFI.
6. Flak Jack, or Axe Hammer. Both are great blades, the grip is the same, for all practical purposes, and they both are keen cutters.

Also rans are any species of Hellrazor, or the SFNO of any type. And I’m betting the NFNO will join the crowd.

I have many others, and honestly, any breed of ‘mandu is always on the list.
The thin BG FSH was a really nice knife. Almost like a knife and a machete had a baby. A longer, full flat ground version would be soooo awesome.

PS...Thinking more about this...I could easily ID three more sets of five Bussekin “go to” models. There were just so many good blades produced over the years. Here’s an esoteric set I own. But realistically, are collectibles, not users...ZTBME; Aftershock Bolo; (ST) Ripper; Killer Bee; and ASH1 - “One of Ten.” Have a good week, y’all. From Richmond, Virginia.

Back