Everyone has a grail list i have a user grail list what are your best users

Dude, your like Methuselah, as far as member longevity goes :D:thumbsup:You've been here since '98. I'll bet you've seen them all!

Dude, this made me LMAO so hard. Good one. Here is a pic just for that.

Ono7vsY.jpg

AMS
Several Pork Shanks
SHSH Variant
Jungle Assault
SHBMLE#500
Nuclear MOAB
Chuckette'

I owned 7 or 8 Satin SHBM's at one time...
Did you see what is on my list of users? Hahahahaha....Just for you ;)

I saw that you cork sucker. I knew you were messing with me. So I didn't give you the pleasure of acknowledgement :D

The ASH2 is such a perfect knife. Unfortunately, I haven't come across the right piece of leather to make a sheath for mine (I mean, what color goes with safety orange??) so I haven't taken it to the woods yet.

I’ve been making my own leather for the last couple years. They’re not pretty, they are very simple and utilitarian but they work for me. I’m definitely not going to sign up as a Craftsman and try to sell them, but if I sell a knife I pass the sheath along with it. Anyway, for my users I’ve just been leaving them the natural color of the veg tanned leather. I put some Carnauba Creme on them to give a little protection form the elements, witch slightly darkens them, and they continue to darken over time, but these aren’t dyed. I don’t have any orange handles, but here’s a HOGB8 and a BB13 in tan Res-C.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/99qty0h78i6r3yh/Photo Mar 07, 10 00 03.jpg?dl=0

Ready.jpg July1.jpg Users-sized BFC.jpg

The satin CS B11 in the last pic isn't a user, but similar enough to my user to stand in--too lazy to go get the user out of the truck. (User B11 is the one on top of the brush pile in the top pic.) The B8LE War Feather and shop-modded B5 in the bottom pic are major users--the B5 going on 20 years worth of riding in packs and on my belt when day-hiking on trails. The War Feather goes wherever I go when I'm headed off-trail.

Last edited:
I own several grail users and grail backups to my users. I am pretty sure I own the only sterile SHBM LE.
Everytime I almost buy a backup Busse, I think to myself, what the hell could I do to this blade that would require a backup? Even if I somehow manage to break a Battle Mistress in two, Jerry will have me fixed up in no time.

All that being said, you are my hero!

If you ever decide that you want to let go of any of more of those SHBMs, I'm your man! :D:D:D

I convince myself I need backups for several reasons, among them:

1) In case I lose one, for example if a vehicle with a knife in it is stolen;

2) So that I can freely lend to friends/family to let them know just how good a knife can be;

3) To give as gifts, to those I care about, who will never spend the money for one and will only know the satisfaction of using a Busse if I give it to them.

4) Busse’s warranty doesn’t guarantee replacement of a specific knife or model—only compensation with a knife of like value or refund of original purchase price.

Last edited:
After some thought, I think my most used Busse is not even a knife, it’s my Pork Chop.
Followed by my BB13 and HOGB8.

Back