Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Lon Humphrey Brute De Forge - It's impressive!
rHs0oQp.jpg

A little knarly, but sweet. :thumbsup:

15495509774951878767784590544228.jpg 15495511363732147701623460807286.jpg Been a active yr. so far, on the exchange I picked up the MD Gavco Thresher, Nadeau Micro Typhoon, and Spyderco Kapara. Grabbed the MUDD auto, CIVIVI Naja and the Kalashnikov from BHQ. The Red & Black Kalashnikov is in memory of my brother who died 6/22/18 on his bike the way he would of wanted, probably not when he would of. R.I.P. Diablo Scott15495514093322991732679441606348.jpg

Latest could be a stretch here (as the first was purchased early 2018, I think). Well, the first one (the big one on top) was such a treat that I quickly requested a little brother, more everyday use oriented. Both made for a fantastic pair in the kitchen (especially for any meat and fish, but also chef knife tasks). This got me thinking about one that would combine the big blade and the "easy in hand" feature of the small one. The result is the middle one : a knife so deliciously balanced that it's hard to reach for another one. The big one is a modern rendition of the iconic gaucho knife (the gaucho's EDC, the facon. They had bigger ones for combat only). The small one is (once again) a modern rendition of the Verijero pattern which was added to the gaucho's gear when they transitioned from poachers and robbers to farm hands in the 19th century (dedicated to smaller tasks... like castrating bulls. But it's great for dicing vegetables for a tasty minestrone, too). The middle one was totally commissioned by me and carefully pondered over with the maker. This is one of my most satisfying knives : the blade never feels too big ! All three have been made by Galin Donchev (limonad on Blade Forums), a very serious knifemaker and a great person to do business with.
l5HKr3b.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up an XM 18 3.5 with Bowie blade. Now that it’s in hand I think I’m going to try and trade it off for a different blade shape. The Bowie just isn’t doing it for me visually.

20190213_195931-1929x653.jpg Just picked this one up from the post office from Gollik, have one coming still from Chris Lambert and one currently being made by Tony Mont. The year is starting out all puppies and rainbows.

Back