Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Just bought this vintage black G10 Spyderco Lum Tanto w/a black combo blade off of EB.

Never liked the Lum tantos w/the translucent "natural" green scales, Ti and/or other variations of it but I love this one. Could have bought a plain edge G10 version of it offered at the same time to create a matched set but didn't like that knife enough to do that, even though I've created "matched sets" of other "vintage" Spydercos that I also own.

attachment.php

Last edited:
That’s what I’m talking about !! :D
nq1ywHo.jpg

ZQrlhjG.jpg

R5gQ7jX.jpg
I got the same stuff with mine. Gotta love DLT. So how do you like it? For me, it was instantly my favorite from the first time I flicked it open and held it. To me, this knife is perfection. Love those gen 6 bearings.

I got the same stuff with mine. Gotta love DLT. So how do you like it? For me, it was instantly my favorite from the first time I flicked it open and held it. To me, this knife is perfection. Love those gen 6 bearings.
Couldn’t agree more on every aspect !
I love it and feels so good in hand to , rock solid with great action .
Perfection no doubt and my all time favorite including any custom /mid-techs previous owned and that says a lot .

Couldn’t agree more on every aspect !
I love it and feels so good in hand to , rock solid with great action .
Perfection no doubt and my all time favorite including any custom /mid-techs previous owned and that says a lot .
Same here. This knife made me rethink the knives in my collection. I’ve already sold one of them and plan on a few more, none of them being Hinderers.

Same here. This knife made me rethink the knives in my collection. I’ve already sold one of them and plan on a few more, none of them being Hinderers.
I’m actually thinking of adding a few more Hinderers . Maybe a 24 with the new tri-way :thumbsup: and a 18 .
My only dislike is the super strong detent but that’s probably a good thing in the long run . In normal every day use its perfect but for a couch flicker it can be a little hard on the thumb lol .

One of the most useful knives I own...kitchen, camping/hiking, you name it. I like the OHT so much that when I foolishly lost my first one had to replace it.

I was recently told Vic is discontinuing the Hercules, so of course I had to order one lol, should be here by Tuesday.

I’m actually thinking of adding a few more Hinderers . Maybe a 24 with the new tri-way :thumbsup: and a 18 .
My only dislike is the super strong detent but that’s probably a good thing in the long run . In normal every day use its perfect but for a couch flicker it can be a little hard on the thumb lol .
You can’t go wrong with adding more Hinderers. I bet the 24 is a great knife, too. I believe right now they only have the spanto blades available. I have the gen 6 XM18s in 3” and 3.5”. They are also great knives. I like the 3.5” better.
My thumb is having to get used to unlocking the knife to close it. I think it will be good to go after a week or two. You can always close it Medford style with your index finger moving the lock bar over while holding the blade in the other hand to give your thumb a break.

You can’t go wrong with adding more Hinderers. I bet the 24 is a great knife, too. I believe right now they only have the spanto blades available. I have the gen 6 XM18s in 3” and 3.5”. They are also great knives. I like the 3.5” better.
My thumb is having to get used to unlocking the knife to close it. I think it will be good to go after a week or two. You can always close it Medford style with your index finger moving the lock bar over while holding the blade in the other hand to give your thumb a break.
Yes I’ve had a 24 and 18 3.5 a few years ago , actually a few of them from just selling and buying another LoL .
My “ thumbs “ did go into survival mode and like you switched to the index finger Medford method :)
Almost thought about disassembling it and seeing if there’s any adjustment in the lock bar insert . But decided against it and just going to let her break in .

Back