Everyone's latest acquisitions!

So, every year for the wife and boy get me a knife for my birthday...usually with some input from me. This year they picked one all on their own...a stupidly smooth button lock flipper in OD green and D2...I'd say they done good:D:cool:

20190404_175231.jpg

~Chip

This came today and I thought a picture with dainty cherry blossoms was a fitting backdrop for it. Overall I’m liking it except for the compression lock. I find it less than easy to close one handed. I’m gonna reserve final judgment because my right index finger is on the mend (thanks to a very sharp police 4). Centering favors clip and after adjustment, disassembly and lube, I’m still pretty sure it will never drop or shake shut. Still a neat office carry for me.
E56D5923-529A-445A-8E12-FAEB23CD2243.jpeg

Between seeing this knife in the store and going back later to buy it, I read a couple of threads here trying to decide so I thought I would join. ZT 0770 GRYBW with the ELMAX blade. After a decent amount of research it seems like this model with an ELMAX blade is sort of unique. Found it new in an antique store. I doubt he does much business on the higher end knives so it's probably been sitting on the shelf just that long. Ser # is 0088

1b5Ix3P.jpg

^^^^really like the shadow--how does in feel in hand?always liked them but figured it would be a little heavy

Blomerus LL07 Carbon Fiber with C-Tek inlays. Been looking for one of these models for a while but haven’t been able to find the scales I wanted until I saw this one. Flips HARD. Love these South African folders.

2cz9do3.jpg

34ss5fq.jpg

I still wonder a bit why IKBS is still a thing, with roller/needle bearings, multi row bearings and different type of regular bearings I find that the IKBS aka "I'm gonna lose my balls" seems outdated and more hassle than it's worth to me. It's a good looking knife in any case. :D:thumbsup:

Blomerus LL07 Carbon Fiber with C-Tek inlays. Been looking for one of these models for a while but haven’t been able to find the scales I wanted until I saw this one. Flips HARD. Love these South African folders.

2cz9do3.jpg

34ss5fq.jpg
That’s awesome... love the C-Tek. Blomerus makes great knives... I’ve got 17 of his in my collection.

Last edited:
That’s awesome... love the C-Tek. Blomerus makes great knives... I’ve got 17 of his in my collection

Holy smokes, that’s a lot. I’ve got some Thorburn’s but this my first Blomerus and so far I love it. Any with 3.5 inch blade length or less your looking to sell?

Back