Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Snagged a KME System. The Sharpmaker worked decently but since the KME has become quite scarce here in Europe I felt like I jump on the chance to get one rather than be grumpy later. :rolleyes::D

I picked one up off the Exchange here a few weeks ago and I love it. I initially used it on the stand but have since ditched the stand.

Have you had a chance to use it yet?
What do you think?

mTs3GPL.jpg

The new CRKT Pilarge in D2.
Liked the small one a lot, this one fits my hand much better.
I had completely missed the fact that this was a flipper, which was a pleasant surprise.
And it's my first knife with D2, so I'm excited to see how it works out.

How are you liking the large Pilar in comparison to the original?

I picked up the large having never handled either, thinking the bigger would be better for my size large hands.

Do you find a big difference in handle real estate between the 2? I'd imagine choking up on the small one might not be too bad. Maybe?

How are you liking the large Pilar in comparison to the original?

I picked up the large having never handled either, thinking the bigger would be better for my size large hands.

Do you find a big difference in handle real estate between the 2? I'd imagine choking up on the small one might not be too bad. Maybe?

So much better. Pretty decent sized hands, and with everything scaled up it just works. The regular Pilar is still an ergonomically great knife, but this one just fits better.

The flipper works, but isn't the greatest action I've ever tried, thankfully there's a hole.

I picked one up off the Exchange here a few weeks ago and I love it. I initially used it on the stand but have since ditched the stand.

Have you had a chance to use it yet?
What do you think?

Haven't received it yet, should dispatch Monday, and I expect it Wednesday. Gives me some time to dull some knives.

I did not know Matt Freeman (CMFTW Knives, RIP 1982-2019), nor did I know his work until after his passing. Since then I have learned enough about the man to appreciate him greatly and know that it was a terrible loss to the knife community. As a person in recovery, I identify with him and his fight in a very personal way. So, when I saw this nice chisel-grind example of his work, I picked it up and it fills a place of honor in my collection.

CMFTW.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_02951_zpsk6ticfds.jpg

These are some of the knives I've acquired since January. I love Randalls. The Shaman is nice. The GEC knives are truely nice knives. I carry the two bladed Bull Moose. One of the things I like about slip joints is that the blades can be made razor sharp (assuming decent steel).

Last edited:
I've got a Spyderco Ikuchi inbound. Not sure how long DLT takes to ship to Chicago. Also buying some scales and gitd backspacer for my Yojimbo 2.

Received yesterday, I cant wait to put it to work today!
Syousin Suminagashi 240mm R2 steel. The sharpest ootb knife I've ever encountered. So sharp I cut myself while taking pics and didn't even know till I saw blood.
20190408_180646.jpg 20190408_181013.jpg 20190408_180646.jpg
My old chef knife and the new.
20190408_180336.jpg

I've had this knife for a bit but it's been newly bead blasted by our very own Spikediesel Spikediesel . He did an amazing job with the bead blasting and is has some really reasonable prices. IMO, it just looks a lot better now over the stock finish. Before and After photos below.

Before:

FTq3d39l.jpg

After:

BI27CfIl.jpg

SPyWdFTl.jpg

Thanks for the compliments! The knife looks awesome all back together!

Back