Everyone's latest acquisitions!

I just bought this as a gift for my brother. Should be an upgrade over the gas station knife he currently uses ;)

8ab9.jpg

4C0E7C83-39A7-4D26-BA52-BC2AF92468BF.jpeg The edge retention is close to that of Ceramic blades, but the knife won’t shatter if dropped. There is no steel in the blade, and Böker no longer makes these. They didn’t have any pizzazz. They look like an old battleship, and handles were mostly plastic. I have folders and kitchen knives made with this alloy, but they seldom leave the house for show and tell. They’re just too unimpressive to look at.
Also the Titanium Carbide inclusions which give the blade its wear resistance are very hard. Diamond abrasives are in order.

Fresh out of the box tonight and another great example from Spyderco and DLT my favorite dealer . I ordered the PM3 Maxamet Friday morning/ early afternoon right when they came in stock because I knew they would sell out fast and wanted one to match up with my PM2 Maxamet . Anyway DLT shipped the same day even though it was late morning/early afternoon so I got it today Monday :eek: How’s that for fast shipping . They also sent me another first class example with a nice even grind and blade centering .
Couldn’t be happier !
Thank you Spyderco for another amazing knife and DLT for the consistent Lightning fast shipping and Customer service that’s Second to none .
Z4wtmLa.jpg

SITqRPF.jpg

Last edited:
Back