Everyone's latest acquisitions!

ZT 0450-More titanium in the mail today. This one is more of a fidgety knife for me. It’s not as slicey as other knives based on it’s thinness behind the edge but it’ll do for what I will be cutting. It has a nice thin profile and awesome deployment.
View attachment 1185844

The 0450 is one of my most carried knives. Love the ti scales and blade shape. If I’m wearing shorts there’s a good chance the 0450 is in my pocket.

It’s great with an MXG deep carry clip too.
9-D1-B5-F63-A886-4-A3-F-B612-39218-B88-F493.jpg

Last edited:
ZT 0450-More titanium in the mail today. This one is more of a fidgety knife for me. It’s not as slicey as other knives based on it’s thinness behind the edge but it’ll do for what I will be cutting. It has a nice thin profile and awesome deployment.
View attachment 1185844

My first knife over $100 was the ZT0450cf... action is still one of the best I own, I love the Titanium look of yours... perfectly broken in! Makes me want to get a Ti version as well.

UoZ3jRQ.jpg

Lionsteel Tispine
Microtech Dirac Delta

I like that Ti Spine damascus!! how is the opening on it? can you do a middle finger flip or is it a two handed knife.

I have the aculus flipper and I kind of want a Ti spine but I'm big on the flipper option..... Just curious

That’s my favorite folder! Nice score.

I own a couple of recon ones. A spear point in s35vn and an older hollow ground clip point version. I was actually looking at that satin model the other day. apparently only 400 made limited run. Pretty sweet!

Last edited:
image.jpg IMG_3186.JPG

I just got this off mass drop for $139.00

I was going to get it somewhere else for $180.00.

Glad I waited, what a great knife, big slab of s35 vn steel.

It's definitely thicker and bigger than what I'm usually comfortable carrying.

Action is great for CS.

Like everyone says it's not to bad carrying for what you got. I picked this because of all the great reviews on BF.

Fit n finish was great, centered blade.

Drop took about a week or so to get it out, but well worth it.

Only small issue I see is the finger choir is a little small for my fat sausage fingers.

Other than that great knife so far.

I like that Ti Spine damascus!! how is the opening on it? can you do a middle finger flip or is it a two handed knife.

I have the aculus flipper and I kind of want a Ti spine but I'm big on the flipper option..... Just curious

Sorry, I can't middle finger flick any knife, but it opens fine with thumb action.

Finally got my first Mini-Grip. 2. Bestech Swordfish. Very nice for $50. 3. AKC X-treme Ace. Just released. AKC used to primarily make traditional Italian Stilettos. Now they are making lots reasonably priced, quality, modern Autos for less than $100. I am very happy with their 'F-16" OTF that I purchased one year ago. I'm excited about this one arriving soon.

th
th
AKC-X-TREME-ACE-Side-Opening-Automatic-Knife-Black-Black-BHQ-100384-kp-open.jpg

Well, my Maserin AM-4 came today. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Here is my initial review, pictures to follow a little later.

It came in a very nice, well thought out package, typical of Italian knives I've owned. Its beautiful, no imperfections that I can see, centered, great fit and finish. However, the sum of each individual features leave it wanting, IMO. I feel it is trying to do to many things;

Be a gentleman's folder
Be innovative
Be tactical

In many ways, it reminds me of the Spyderco Nilakka I had. Very thick handle, skinny blade.

While I like the design of the flipper tab, the blade is too light for the short amount of range the flipper is given. Its too close to the pivot? Not sure, but its mediocre action IMO.

I'm not sure why Maserin chose a tanto blade for this, I really don't. Especially considering how thing the blade is.

Anyway, cool idea, but a failure IMHO.

Its going back to Blade HQ.

On a happier note, going to door(k) county for the weekend. Bringing some cash, hoping maybe I'll find something cool in one of the shops. Who knows. Maybe a live grenade missing the pin.

In the meantime, the refund will be split between a trigger job for my Beretta PX4 .40 (reset is WAY to long) and something sharp and pointy.

Last edited:
Back