Everyone's latest acquisitions!

The Launch 8s are sweet, I checked them out at Blade...very slicey for a stiletto style blade:thumbsup:
Thanks for the input. I have come to prefer lighter, slicier blades.

I still have a few medium to heavy duty blades, but rarely need them. I'm hoping the ZT low ride clips will work with this, I hate Hinderer style clips.

IMG_7843.JPG IMG_7844.JPG Mail call! While ive been pining over an AD10 for some time i knew i wouldnt carry a nearly 7oz folder so i went with the similarly designed ultimate hunter weighing in just shy of 5oz and much more manageable for my EDC preferences. Its still a beefy knife sans liners and the smooth yet grippy contoured G10 is pretty nice. I do wish it had that nice hollow grind instead of a flat grind but theres always some nitpicks right.. its well built, overall first impressions are pretty good, and i did get a very good deal on it NIB to boot which helped with pulling the trigger.

View attachment 1192800 View attachment 1192801 Mail call! While ive been pining over an AD10 for some time i knew i wouldnt carry a nearly 7oz folder so i went with the similarly designed ultimate hunter weighing in just shy of 5oz and much more manageable for my EDC preferences. Its still a beefy knife sans liners and the smooth yet grippy contoured G10 is pretty nice. I do wish it had that nice hollow grind instead of a flat grind but theres always some nitpicks right.. its well built, overall first impressions are pretty good, and i did get a very good deal on it NIB to boot which helped with pulling the trigger.

The UH looks much better than AD10 which has an ugly pocket clip that I could never understand.

I got some new kitchen knives today.
69986857_2339451672977466_3244106978988916736_o.jpg

Last edited:
I bought this Tops Little Bro a while ago. First thing I noticed was the obtuse grind angles, so I am working on changing that. I stripped the blade and started to remove material behind the edge. Since I dont have a belt grinder I'm doing this by hand with a diamond plate. Lot's of work but I'm slowly getting it where I want. The knife feels allready "sharper".

LTtrI5K.jpg

Picked up three Mora blades
1) a Garberg
2) a Bushcraft
3) a fireknife

All new and pretty good deal where I got them

Last edited:
Two oldies but goodies. The 5.11 XPRT is popping up for less than $100 on different sites, lately. Mine was $60 (typically $150). It has CPM S30V, and is made in Taiwan, The handle (G-10) is long, wide, but melts in my hand. That sounded weird. Blade (3.75") action is fast/smooth/unassisted. I like it a lot. :thumbsup:

5.11-620x400.jpg
7855139_01_like_new_kershaw_blur_tiger_st_640.jpg

Last edited:
Just received my first BRK Gunny. Really impressed with the amboyna burl handles and the general overall feel of the knife. The length is almost identical to one of my favorite old circa 80s Randalls. The Randall is an old style Trout & Bird knife, brass fittings and burgandy handles. Please overlook the picture quality. Used my phone.
a>

Back