Everyone's latest acquisitions!

What is the one on top? Looks like the trout knife I’ve been looking for :)

Spyderco Waterway...I can't say enough good things about the knife. The only thing I didn't like for my purposes was the clip, which I replaced with an Izula molle backing.

It's also very fairly priced for what it is IMO...get it. :D

Huh, being that I wear a size 14, I usually hide a knife under the insole of a shoe in my checked bags.

No one has ever said anything though. It's just such a practical thing. It's funny because people criticize, until they need it. Except for the airport and govt buildings, I keep an SAK in my medicine bag along with a flashlight. I'm always somewhat prepared.

I'm glad you found something decent though.

Meanwhile, I'm loving my new Kershaw.

Mail call... First GEn 6 hinderer and it's one hell of a knife, compared to my crossroads and it's pretty close in size surprisingly.

DMndWlmh.jpg

6hjeF3Kh.jpg

Wrsa8Awh.jpg

djhGgJFh.jpg

So I go on vacation for a week to Myrtle Beach, we fly out and even though I know I could, I don’t. Besides if I did, the Mrs woulda killed me.

So I arrived knifeless and guess who came to visit? Hurricane Dorian with 100mph+ winds, torrential rains and tornadoes, that’s right, you heard correctly. It was Armageddon, End of Days kinda weather and me with no knife.

So I rush off to WalMart, the Mrs tried to talk me out of it, she said everyone and his brother was gonna be there buyin’ hurricane milk, bread, eggs, batteries and water.

I told her I was smarter, “...how many people did you think would be there buying socks and a knife?” I had to throw the socks in, if she thought I was only goin’ for a knife she woulda talked me out of it.

As it was she couldn’t argue the fact that no one would be there to buy socks, they’d be there for storm supplies. Knowing the storm wouldn’t be there till the next day she relented and I drive off.

Ever try to buy a knife in Myrtle Beach? It’s like a state size truck stop full of junk, mall ninja zombie apocalypse knives bought of the guy on late night tv.

Luckily wallyworld had a sport section and I was able to grab 2 normal knives. A Buck Canoe and an Elk Ridge Medium Stockman.

On the way home before we got to the airport, I stopped at the PO and mailed them home to myself and here they are. They arrived late because of the hurricane but they got here.

wFzHaEgh.jpg

That elk ridge stockman with abalone (style?) scales is one im gonna have to look out for at wallyworld. How is the quality of the scales, does it look half decent? I have been trying to get my wife to carry a knife so i gave her a Kershaw squaw creek w CF inlays, no dice, tried to give her a Spyderco dragonfly, no dice. So one day she was looking at one of my spyderpacs i had out and picked out the Wayne Goddard sprint with the burgundy scales and said she liked that one but I wasn't really wanting to give that up plus it's kind of big for her so I know she probably wasn't serious anyway and just liked the color but I know she is a sucker for Abalone so maybe she would carry that medium stockman...Its worth a shot.
Thats sucks about the hurricane on vacation but sounds like you made it back in one piece!

Edit: turns out it was inexpensive enough i just went ahead and grabbed one online. Hopefully she likes it!

Last edited:
This Boker Plus trainer. Learned two things quite fast:
1 Get a trainer before you start with a live blade, otherwise you will get cut (I don't have a sharp bali yet)
2 Train the basic openings on a carpeted floor, you will drop the trainer several times. I have.
I will get a live bali, just haven't decided on the model yet.

XlfoJ0C.jpg

IMG_8328.JPG
This Boker Plus trainer. Learned two things quite fast:
1 Get a trainer before you start with a live blade, otherwise you will get cut (I don't have a sharp bali yet)
2 Train the basic openings on a carpeted floor, you will drop the trainer several times. I have.
I will get a live bali, just haven't decided on the model yet.

XlfoJ0C.jpg
I own the live version of that boker Bali and it offers a lot of value if you can get your hands on one. I had to buy mine from an international website as they don't sell that version in the US apparently, only the trainer here. While I think it's not so much a great flipper imo but more of an EDC with its lightweight and pocket clip it is still a great entry level bali for around 80 bucks.

My latest acquisition from a trade

Hi there, It is a Homer Zhu T-Rex. Just picked it up and it is a great knife so far. I believe the maker is from Japan. I'm really impressed with the quality for the relatively low price.
Sweet. The blade shape is a bit unusual and I like that.

Back