1. Week 51 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 21 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SW-EDC, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_8370.jpg
    Wife likes the stockman! Im surprised how easily the blades are to deploy considering the low price point as i was expecting a nailbreaker Lol! Has 3 blades with Brass liners and nickel silver bolsters also i believe. Also picked her up a Victorinox fibrox pro chefs knife.

Picked up a small sebenza 21 for myself a few days ago with Macassar ebony wood inlays and now see what all the fuss is about. Amazing fit and finish and sooo smooth. The small fits all 4 of my fingers and has plenty of cutting edge so not too small at all for anyone wondering with med to large hands. Lovin it!

2. edge13

edge13

Dec 1, 2014
    In the last month I scored some blades from Blade HQ on Knife day- ZT0566CF and an Kershaw/Emerson CQC6 (might gift the CQC6 or keep it in my medkit in my Tacoma).
    I bought myself and my dad each a Guardian Tactical Recon 035 for our birthdays (both big birthdays, myself 25 and my pops 61) Got myself the OD Green Tanto S35VN and a Tan Elmax Drop Point for my pops.
    Then I went to REI this past weekend for a garage sale and got a steal on the mini grip with blue liners. (still debating whether or not I'm gonna keep it, sell it or PIF it)
    Yesterday I picked up a Para 3 Maxamet from 7East on the exchange.

Its been a pricey late August/early September. I think I have to take a little knife break for a while lol.

-Edge

Prophet118, Edgeoflife and Dcdavis like this.
  3. xxGOGOxx

xxGOGOxx Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I finally got my Massdrop x Laconico Keen. Have to say that I'm impressed. This one was dead centered, perfect action, ridiculously sharp and the edge grind was very even. The detent is spot on, at least for me. Happy!!!
    IMG_0634.jpg

4. atdegs

atdegs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2019
    miso2 likes this.
  5. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Autonomy 2
    My first auto and my first LC200N
    8CF497B6-27E0-44F5-A13E-773AA3FA76FF.jpeg

6. Pinnacle64

Pinnacle64 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    3B0438DE-E430-4CA9-8183-CE91A40B682F.jpeg

The Blue and Red G10 Spider Monkeys are new adds. I really enjoy carrying the Carbon Fiber & Jade G10 models so much felt the need to buy the blue/red ones recently. Have five monkeys now counting my copper one.

7. Yimes

Yimes Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2018
    The mail brought my first ever CRK today. A small Sebenza 21. It’s very nice looking but my thumb hurts.

89411DA2-54C3-454A-9EE4-F71E596E21D3.jpeg

razorburn, woodysone, miso2 and 9 others like this.
  8. Dcdavis

Dcdavis Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2018
    Congratulations. Fine looking knife there. Hope you enjoy it. I just placed a direct order for my first wood inlay Sebenza about 30 minutes ago. It’ll be a good wait before it arrives. Congrats again. Your thumb will get used to the studs. I don’t notice them at all. Once your open it several hundred times it’ll become muscle memory and the motion will be second nature. Thumbs will callus up a bit and you’ll never think twice

Edgeoflife, ErocSD and Yimes like this.
  9. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Your thumb will get stronger and your knife will break in.
    I have a small Spalted. Love it.
    Congrats.

Edgeoflife and ErocSD like this.
  10. mwhich50

mwhich50 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I believe this Kizer was originally a Mass Drop knife. Nothing to write home about: 3.5 Aus 8 blade, red G-10, 4,7 oz. But.... In hand it is VERY nice looking, ergonomic, and rock solid. I got the last one for $37 brand new in it's super fancy box, zipper pouch, and cloth.
    [​IMG]

Real Steel Intrigue, blue. 3.6 D2, FRN, 2.89 oz, liner lock. It's light and thin, but has a decent sized blade. It also comes in a 3.25" size. The blade deployment is not great (bronze washers) compared to Civivi, and Bestech. They come with nice red, or blue standoffs. $42 Knifecenter.

If you like McGinnis designs (below) this appears to be a clone of his custom designs, and discontinued CRKT colabs: Summa, Premonition.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Cogam87

Cogam87 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2019
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]i suck at posting pictures but it's a bugout lol

Dcdavis likes this.
  12. Cogam87

Cogam87 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2019
    Ninth times the charm.....

Well that kinda worked

Attached Files:

Edgeoflife, ErocSD and Dcdavis like this.
  13. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Pheasant Tail!

[​IMG]

14. Odds

Odds Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2008
    My new Chaparral (thanks Razorsharp1986). Adding it to my small carry rotation. Nice little slicer.

C8D7164C-6EEB-48BB-ACB5-DDA1BB4F80D4.jpeg

miso2, Edgeoflife, Dcdavis and 3 others like this.
  15. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
  16. DB_Cruiser

DB_Cruiser Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2018
    This Böker Plus Kansei Nori showed up today. This is a pretty nice knife for the money. I don't usually go for flipper type knives but I like the blade shape and slim looks. The blade rides on bearings and the action is surprising snappy. The cocobolo scales seemed a bit rough, so I took it apart, cleaned everything and hit the scales with some 220 grit sand paper, then some 440 grit. Smeared some beeswax and mineral oil paste on the scales and put it back together. And the pocket clip had to go, as usual (for me) since this one will have a slip made for pocket carry.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
  18. yamsi12

yamsi12 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Just came in today, already have deep carry clips on both. The PM2 is buttery smooth and is a free dropper. The shaman was smooth the first few flicks but then got really gritty and not smooth at all. Put some tuff glide on and it’s smoothed out. Probably just needs to be broken in.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Back after hanging out with my buddy for a few years...my original Umnumzaan (B09 date code) :D

Screenshot_20190920-164121_Photos~2.jpg

20. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    C56804FC-32C2-4196-9BE9-9062573A02EC.jpeg Scored this beauty!