Everyone's latest acquisitions!

I went from zero to three Delicas in a week thanks to Bento Box and a couple great sellers here. I cannot believe I slept on this model for years. Of course, my tastes HAVE changed over the years. Here they are.

Very nice collection I really like the color on the bottom one. Is that the bento box model? What blade steel is that one?

View attachment 1209237

The one on the left I have had for 4-5 years and has been my best freind and favorite knife bar none. Tonight I got home and a anonymous member here sent me the one on the right as a gift. Thank you so much. It will see many years of service

I've always wanted an 0560.... I think it would be the perfect work knife, strong and sturdy. Let me know if there's a price tag one of those.

South paw draw South paw draw
lniW1UN.jpg

I just finally pulled the trigger on ordering a Kershaw/Emerson CQC-4KXL-D2 last night from Blade HQ...

It isn't my first "D2" blade, but as the others are all "Chinese D2", who is to say that WTF they are actually made of? But in any event it isn't here yet and I don't expect it until the weekend.

My most recent "toy" that I do have possession of is my Estwing "Black Eagle" Tomahawk

I just finally pulled the trigger on ordering a Kershaw/Emerson CQC-4KXL-D2 last night from Blade HQ...

It isn't my first "D2" blade, but as the others are all "Chinese D2", who is to say that WTF they are actually made of? But in any event it isn't here yet and I don't expect it until the weekend.

My most recent "toy" that I do have possession of is my Estwing "Black Eagle" Tomahawk
Suprising Kershaws Chinese d2 is relatively reliable. I haven't found it to be horrible. Quite the opposite. Unlike the 8c13mov which I do find quite unreliable from Kershaw. And I actually like KAI. In fact my very favorite knife is made by KAI.

I trust a Kershaw knife from a trusted seller (Blade HQ), but Chinese branded knives off of Ebay? I trust those about as much as I trust my Pawnshop "Spyderco"... Or the "Rough as a cob" "Cold Steel" "Ti Lite" counterfeit that I got off ebay last year.

But if anyone here has a negative opinion of Blade HQ, I would question why they were here... I would buy an "upgraded steel" knife Either Blade-HQ, From Midway-USA or directly from the manufacturer, because anywhere else I'd have to wonder if I were actually getting what I was paying for.

But as a note I buy from Midway-USA, because If they are "trustworthy" enough to buy explosives (technically, "Propellants") from, I can trust them to sell me my CS Recon Tanto, or an Estwing Axe, or even a Spiderco PM, when I again feel the itch...

Besides, the price of most Spiderco knives gets to the $50minimum to reach free shipping when they have free shipping "special" (which they seem to do about every holiday or each six weeks or so.)

I never seem to have a problem "making minimum" when they have their "free" hazmat shipping (Which is usually $100 minimum) as an 8lb canister of most IMR rifle powders run just over $200

Last edited:
Back