Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Just added a Holey Clip Antiqued to my Skinny :thumbsup:
O4pIrjz.jpg

I bought an Alliance Designs Anchovy.
(tl;dr - skip the explanation and go to next paragraph... or to the pictures) I'd noticed the butt and flipper tab, prior to purchase; but wasn't expecting them to be as bad as they were. I wore it to work the first night, which meant IWB carry - it dug in, left marks, and ultimately caused bruising despite the shirt barrier. I got home, changed pants, and stuck it in the pocket. That was a learning experience... apparently, I have a habit of resting my right hand on/over my knife. That quickly became uncomfortable. With framelocks that are sensitive to finger pressure, I sometimes rotate and rest the butt on the lower part of my palm when opening. That maneuver also sucked with this knife. The point of the flipper tab was not only uncomfortable in use, it dug into my hand when I reached in my pocket. After two sessions of carrying the knife, my opinion had become overwhelming negative.

I took it to my belt sander - flattening the point of the flipper tab just enough, and rounding off the butt. Before and after shots
View attachment 1211582 View attachment 1211583 View attachment 1211584 View attachment 1211585
I have to be a little more careful about finger position when opening; but, overall, the knife is much more user friendly.

I'm not sure this picture reflects the final rounding; but I think it does
UmDrVB0.jpg

Last edited:
WiVNhAi.jpg

I just like Lon's style....

Michaux111

I hadn't carried a fixed blade in 25 years till I joined this forum and seen some really nice ones. The one I picked up really works for me with the ranger carry or at least I think that's what it's called when it's on the back sideways. But if I had to have a second one this would be it. Still would want it in the same carried way. That's a super nice blade design.

$143........this week! Nearly perfect. M390 super steel. Great action. Built like a brick shit house. So much jimping. Looks even better in person. Only down side for me is there is no lanyard hole for a cool blue lanyard. :(

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice haul for one month. Any favorites?

The typical pm2 with the black g-10/s30v was my first Spyderco purchase and I really really like the pm2’s (heck I bought 4 in a month). I have xl/xxl sized hands so the big handle fits me well. When I bought the Manix 2 I initially didn’t take to it. Had trouble doing the spydie flick. My finger would rest on or next to the ball bearing lock tab on the right side of the knife, causing it not to deploy all the time. I returned it but for some odd reason decided to try the blacked out version and for some strange reason I don’t have that problem with it. No idea why, plus it broke in real fast. But if I had to choose just one it would be the pm2.

The typical pm2 with the black g-10/s30v was my first Spyderco purchase and I really really like the pm2’s (heck I bought 4 in a month). I have xl/xxl sized hands so the big handle fits me well. When I bought the Manix 2 I initially didn’t take to it. Had trouble doing the spydie flick. My finger would rest on or next to the ball bearing lock tab on the right side of the knife, causing it not to deploy all the time. I returned it but for some odd reason decided to try the blacked out version and for some strange reason I don’t have that problem with it. No idea why, plus it broke in real fast. But if I had to choose just one it would be the pm2.
That's a popular choice (the PM2). That blacked out Manix2 appeals to me a bit more. Hard to go wrong with any of them.

s91OoN9.jpg

Checked out St. Nick's Knives in Florence, AL the other day, handled a 462cf, a Drunken, and this 0095. Drunken was too rich for me, 462cf has me thinking, but the 0095 just felt so good, action was spot on, and I decided to bring it home. Needed the edge worked on, but now that's done its really slicey.
The 801ti came from Indiana Knives and is great as well, but it needed the edge worked on too. I'm thinking of adding a sharpening choil, don't know why they didn't anyway.

Back