Everyone's latest acquisitions!

wVccxR4h.jpg

57HUkm7h.jpg

What's the folding dagger?

I recently purchased this Calavera Cutlery Model 4 from the exchange. It had messed up screws from a previous owner using the wrong bit. Josh @razor-edge-knives was a huge help! He machined some screws to replaced the damaged ones. He also tuned up the lockbar (I couldn't get the knife apart due to locktite on the corby bolts.) I am on the fence as far as keeping this one. It is a tank of a knife. After carrying it around the house though, I may be warming up to it. It carries well and does not feel that big in the pocket.
pvVKPNI.jpg
Nice! Looks like a George clip?

My new OTF is out for delivery! Should be here soon! Come on FedEx! Pedal to the metal! Flog that diesel!

Just came and, well, I'm sad. This one is most likely going back. In 35 minutes of ownership, I can't find a comfortable grip. Fit and finish are great, typical minor play.

3oiKD0D.jpg

I'm going to give it a few days and see if I grow to like it.

If I do replace it, I'm not sure what with. Another OTF?
Ultratech
Recon 035
Brian Tighe and friends twist Tighe
Maybe a Protech SnG or TR?

Don't know.

Got this Spyderco for a fair price ($122), but.............up until now, I really haven't had any serious complaints about other Spydercos.
I like the blade, and handle shape, The cut-out for the liner lock looks good. It also has nice looking SS pillars, and lanyard tube. The lanyard hole is in a weird location, but it's better than none at all.
The liner lock is very difficult to access, and very sharp. The entire length of both liners are very sharp, as well. Otherwise the fit and finish is excellent like the 45 other Spydercos I've owned. I prefer jimping on the thumb ramp, and a deeper finger coil for better traction. I like the low profile of a black pocket clip on value knives, but for my nicer knives, I prefer a satin clip without the scratches/chips.

0.jpg
th

Just came and, well, I'm sad. This one is most likely going back. In 35 minutes of ownership, I can't find a comfortable grip. Fit and finish are great, typical minor play.

3oiKD0D.jpg

I'm going to give it a few days and see if I grow to like it.

If I do replace it, I'm not sure what with. Another OTF?
Ultratech
Recon 035
Brian Tighe and friends twist Tighe
Maybe a Protech SnG or TR?

Don't know.
Being so blocky like most im not sure if that shape will ever feel just right. Very cool knife though

Being so blocky like most im not sure if that shape will ever feel just right. Very cool knife though

Actually, it's the contours that cause the problem. However, I've come to like it now, and have found a grip position with no hotspots. I really like the ambidexterity, as I am semi ambidextrous.

So, the knife has started to win me over. If it hadn't been for the crazy price I got, I'd probably have bought a used ultratech or guardian tactical recon

Back