Everyone's latest acquisitions!

These two came in today. 4MAX Scout and a backup GB2.

zlZPIux.jpg

Are you still rocking a GB as EDC?

That thing is gorgeous! I love the patina! How is the damascus steel? And the action?

The Damascus has a definite three dimensional texture and is very polished (which works for the setup), but it is probably not my favorite pattern. The action is good. The detent is on the high side of middle of the road (not so soft that the blade opens with no effort, but not so hard that it kills your thumb to open).

The Damascus has a definite three dimensional texture and is very polished (which works for the setup), but it is probably not my favorite pattern. The action is good. The detent is on the high side of middle of the road (not so soft that the blade opens with no effort, but not so hard that it kills your thumb to open).

Thanks good description. I'm still on the fence, I've seen so many spidermonkeys lately. I want to kill the trigger but I'm still saving for other things haha. The action has been reviewed a couple times on YouTube and I've seen great actions and I've seen gritty not so great. So I was just curious, a well time pb washer set up can be better than bearings sometimes... but a bad washer set up can be liquor store knife set up.

Thanks good description. I'm still on the fence, I've seen so many spidermonkeys lately. I want to kill the trigger but I'm still saving for other things haha. The action has been reviewed a couple times on YouTube and I've seen great actions and I've seen gritty not so great. So I was just curious, a well time pb washer set up can be better than bearings sometimes... but a bad washer set up can be liquor store knife set up.
My spider monkey has some pretty nice action and man does it feel good in hand !
Hope that helps :D

Is that a mod? I'm confused!
(I haven't checked the spydie catalog in a while)

It’s a dealer exclusive. I don’t think they are a BF dealer but if you google “waved paramilitary 2” it’s the first link that shows up.

It’s a dealer exclusive. I don’t think they are a BF dealer but if you google “waved paramilitary 2” it’s the first link that shows up.
This ^^^^ :). It's a PM2 with an "Emerson wave" and a saber grind vs their traditional FFG.
Is that a mod? I'm confused!
(I haven't checked the spydie catalog in a while)
I was hesitant to get a Spyderco because 1) I'm a budget buyer 2) I didn't find much in their models that fit my preferences. But this one... almost fits everything I wanted just fine. (Hint: Not a fan of the traditional Spyderco Leaf blade).

Back