Everyone's latest acquisitions!

NKD: Quiet Carry Drift 2.0 & mini review

This updated one has thumbstuds instead of a hole. It is excellent - great action, perfect detent, super build quality. I might slightly prefer the minimalist looks of the Waypoint, but imo the Drift has more confidence inspiring ergonomics. Anyway, I like them both a lot. Edge retention on Vanax is insane and the whole package is rustproof.

It's clear they listened to critics and seem to have fixed anything problematic with v1. This just feels great in the hand.

IMG_9620.jpg IMG_9626.jpg

IMG_9618.jpg IMG_9623.jpg IMG_9617.jpg

This year started off with a bang, I think:

Snapped up a new Cold Steel OSS:

Ilg0Zhu.jpg

And these Albers Cutlery knives arrived in hand just after the first of the year:

SjEqU8T.jpg

I posted a thread a little while back to help me decide on spending my Christmas gift card; 3 folders or a DMT bench stone...
There was a winner, but wasn't a whole ton of interest, (winner had 6 votes last I checked, runner up had just 5), and after thinking and over thinking as I tend to do, I ended up going a completely different route...
SzXrOVc.jpg

A much cheaper folder + a fixed blade I had my eye on for a while...

Last edited:
When I started developing an interest in knives last year, I did what most of us probably do....I browsed the Internet endlessly, saving pictures of every knife that caught my eye.

Over the past 6-8 months, I’ve purchased one or two of those original “crushes”. Many I eventually ruled out as my preferences began to reveal themselves.....and some I ultimately decided were way outside my comfort zone regarding price.

One knife that continually remained in the cut was the MKM Viper Timavo limited edition. It’s fairly busy, it’s a production knife and it felt grossly overpriced compared to the more basic versions of the same knife. And yet....I continued to go back to the pictures and drool. Something about it was simply resonating with me.

Anyway, I finally realized that with some retailers, if you create an account you can accrue discounts with repeat purchases. Kinda wish I had stumbled upon that little nugget of information earlier, but better late than never. So, upon learning that the price you see isn’t necessarily the price you pay....I decided to revisit one of my earliest “knife crushes”.

A few days later the Timavo arrived. I absolutely love the aesthetics and ergonomics of this knife....and it happens to fall right into my sweet spot with a 2.7” blade. And while it may be a bit gimmicky, I like that there’s only 99 more of these out there.

The weather has been crappy the past few days, so I’ll have to make due with these pics for the time being....
Imj38ds.jpg
HULfXSG.jpg
vUsIZPj.jpg
nQQRhut.jpg

Back