Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Olamic make gorgeous fixed blades too! At very sweet prices.

hQCKw0d.jpg

I was able to get a Para 2 Tanto M4 Jade in DLC today. It was not fun, but I was able to complete the order. It's the first time I've ever bought a Sprint on drop day, first M4 knife, and my first Para 2. I'm pretty excited for it to arrive.

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Tanto-Natural-G-10-Black-C81GM4PTBK2-BHQ-99617-jr-large.jpg

BladeHQ Image

This past week and a half has put me on first name terms with my FedEx driver.

First in was a Maserin Atti that I found on sale. I’m a huge fan of the Italian knives I own from MKM and Viper, and I’d been wanting to give Maserin a try. In all honesty, while this is considerably less expensive than the knives I own from Viper and MKM....I’m nowhere near as impressed with the fit and finish. In particular, the scale and bolster don’t align very well on one side and the screws are all sunk to different levels. It’s a nitpick, and I think I can rectify the issues on my own...but it’s the first knife I’ve purchased that has arrived with what I consider QC issues:

Hn5iltI.jpg

Next up is a Corsican Pialincu in burled walnut. For whatever reason, I’ve really grown fond of these French knives. I find they have a lot of character and charm, and I enjoy carrying them as a slightly dressier “gentleman’s” knife. I think it makes a nice addition to my small but growing collection of these “hand made” and nicely detailed pieces:

PDGRbRO.jpg
VKtgIfp.jpg

This next knife is one I’d been eyeballing since it’s release. I was very hesitant to purchase an automatic, as I just didn’t think it was a style I’d enjoy. However, everything else about the knife hits directly in my sweet-spots...the aesthetics, size etc....so when I realized that the 50-piece limited run was all but disappearing, I made a bit of a “panic purchase” and decided to pick one up. For what it’s worth, the words of a typing duck may have also played a small role in the decision. Anyway, I’m extremely pleased with this knife. It exceeded all of my expectations and then some, and will likely lead to more automatics down the road. I can honestly say I absolutely love this knife:

UBmKbjI.jpg
6GDxqiY.jpg

And finally, this little guy from Isham Bladeworks arrived late yesterday afternoon. I had never actually seen timascus in person before, but I’m really diggin’ the colors of the inlays....along with everything else about this tiny little knife. No doubt that it’s probably a bit overpriced, but I’m sure you guys can relate to that “Gotta have one now!” mentality that can grab ya’ by the balls when you see something that truly speaks to you. When I stumbled upon this a week ago, it was one of those “love at first sight” moments....and I knew there was no point resisting:

rqCNg2e.jpg
hnzXWyz.jpg

I think that’s gotta be it for me for a little while. At this point, I’m so far down the rabbit hole that I think I’ve lost my bearings all together. It’s time to put an end to this crazy little binge I’ve been on, take a step back and start enjoying what I have.

And yeah, I realize I’ve said that before....but I honestly think I may mean it this time. I guess only time will tell.

Last edited:
Back