Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Having arrived a few minutes late to the last two Vero Engineering drops I’ve been kicking myself in the ass. For their last one, the book was closed 10 minutes after it opened.

Another brand I’ve been watching and wanting is Sharp by Design. I always seem to be drawn to Brian’s knives, so when the email arrived stating that the Mini Tempest was dropping at 8pm Friday night I figured I’d be ready.

Those thoughts vanished when earlier in the week my wife announced that we had dinner reservations for 7pm Friday night. I knew another opportunity was about to pass me by.

We got home last night about 10:15, I sat down and decided “What the heck, I might as well check it out anyway. Ya’ never know”.

And, as it turned out, the order was still open. So I have a now have a Mini Tempest (drop point) inbound:

ZVEbYlG.jpg

The bad news? ETA on shipping is 4-5 months out. Lol, the good news is I’ll have forgotten all about it by then...and who doesn’t enjoy a surprise in the mail every now and again?

I recently picked up a Pro-Tech Malibu here on the forums for just a bit over retail. I wanted to try one out before paying about double for one of the titanium/20cv versions. So far it's easily living up to the hype. It's a really fun knife, I'm loving it. Now to start hunting for the 5141 version. :eek:

tij7dsT.jpg

VYhVTxz.jpg

kCDwurp.jpg

Kizer Latt Vind Mini.
Slim handle and thin blade work good for my light edc uses. I like the rounded spine, nice detail in this price range. Smooth G10 is my favourite type of this material. Detent isn't very strong, but still above average and works well with front and normal flipper. Rear flipper tab doesn't look very useful or comfortable, but works surprisingly good, for me even better than front flipper.

Having arrived a few minutes late to the last two Vero Engineering drops I’ve been kicking myself in the ass. For their last one, the book was closed 10 minutes after it opened.

Another brand I’ve been watching and wanting is Sharp by Design. I always seem to be drawn to Brian’s knives, so when the email arrived stating that the Mini Tempest was dropping at 8pm Friday night I figured I’d be ready.

Those thoughts vanished when earlier in the week my wife announced that we had dinner reservations for 7pm Friday night. I knew another opportunity was about to pass me by.

We got home last night about 10:15, I sat down and decided “What the heck, I might as well check it out anyway. Ya’ never know”.

And, as it turned out, the order was still open. So I have a now have a Mini Tempest (drop point) inbound:

ZVEbYlG.jpg

The bad news? ETA on shipping is 4-5 months out. Lol, the good news is I’ll have forgotten all about it by then...and who doesn’t enjoy a surprise in the mail every now and again?

Got in on this drop also, I went with the blackout

B8B11E2F-7C19-4041-8CF8-987CEC1598AD.jpeg

ZVEbYlG.jpg

I ended up preordering the same knife you did. I got distracted by some stuff that came up and it was already closed by the time I went to the site. But I got in the next day thankfully and got the knife I wanted.

Got in on this drop also, I went with the blackout

View attachment 1544039

I ended up preordering the same knife you did. I got distracted by some stuff that came up and it was already closed by the time I went to the site. But I got in the next day thankfully and got the knife I wanted.

Happy to see others decided to get in on this one too. I’m really looking forward to it. Gonna be a long 4-5 months, lol.

Happy to see others decided to get in on this one too. I’m really looking forward to it. Gonna be a long 4-5 months, lol.

He said it’s been his most successful preorder to date. The wait will go by much quicker than you think. I like when I get “free” knives; or as my wife likes to remind me, knives I paid for 6months to a year ago and forgot about.

If I remember correctly the full-size Evo Typhoon took almost 7 months from payment to delivery.

He said it’s been his most successful preorder to date. The wait will go by much quicker than you think. I like when I get “free” knives; or as my wife likes to remind me, knives I paid for 6months to a year ago and forgot about.

If I remember correctly the full-size Evo Typhoon took almost 7 months from payment to delivery.

Lol, I guess I shouldn’t be wining about the wait.

I had to have the backup camera replaced on a brand new vehicle this past year. It took 7 months for it to get to my dealer.

Heck, I ordered a fairly intricate watch from a small but well-respected boutique/microbrand. I just went to look at when I paid my deposit. Lol, Jan 7th, 2020. 15 months and counting and shipment is said to begin at the end of this month. Yeah, I’ve heard that before.

Anyway, a few months won’t be a problem.....especially since by then it’ll essentially be a “free” knife.

Back