Everyone's latest acquisitions!

I posted this in the Hinderer thread, but a good deed is worth mentioning twice...

Some nice person, I'm not saying who, @ferider , made it possible for me to make an overweight addition to my collection. Can't wait to make its acquaintance. (The other one is staying home, for the time being, in CA.)

hinderer-wharnie-6.jpg

hinderer-wharnie-5.jpg

hinderer-wharnie-4.jpg

hinderer-wharnie-3.jpg

hinderer-wharnie-2.jpg

hinderer-wharnie-1.jpg

I posted this in the Hinderer thread, but a good deed is worth mentioning twice...

Some nice person, I'm not saying who, @ferider , made it possible for me to make an overweight addition to my collection. Can't wait to make its acquaintance. (The other one is staying home, for the time being, in CA.)

hinderer-wharnie-6.jpg

hinderer-wharnie-5.jpg

hinderer-wharnie-4.jpg

hinderer-wharnie-3.jpg

hinderer-wharnie-2.jpg

hinderer-wharnie-1.jpg

You son of a gun! I've been posting WTB threads for a 3" XM-18 Wharncliffe for about a year now with no luck, lol. Congrats!!!

You son of a gun! I've been posting WTB threads for a 3" XM-18 Wharncliffe for about a year now with no luck, lol. Congrats!!!

It could have been worse...at least this is a 3.5"

Good luck finding what you're after. :thumbsup:

It could have been worse...at least this is a 3.5"

Good luck finding what you're after. :thumbsup:

Ah... I retract calling you a son of a gun then. :D

How do you like the wharncliffe blade on the Hinderer's? They seem like they are pretty polarizing. I've been dead set on that blade profile for quite some time now, but a buddy of mine keeps trying to talk me into the Sheepsfoot.

Ah... I retract calling you a son of a gun then. :D

How do you like the wharncliffe blade on the Hinderer's? They seem like they are pretty polarizing. I've been dead set on that blade profile for quite some time now, but a buddy of mine keeps trying to talk me into the Sheepsfoot.

Won't know until I get it. The thing is, I wanted something with a different profile than the blades I already have from Hinderer and others. I generally only have wharncliffe blades on my traditionals and wanted to branch out a bit.

I love the sheepsfoot (and modified sheepsfoot)...which is why I posted the recent thread in "General" on the topic.

Your friend is wise.

I love Monday's. It gives the Post Office a chance to catch up, lol. Two new ones today!

First is a Bradford Guardian 3 with black canvas Micarta. I've been meaning to get one of these for quite some time. Found a good deal recently and couldn't resist any longer. :)

This one is going to live in my toolbox and is going to be abused in ways that no knife should, so I got it in AEB-L. A nice and TOUGH, stainless steel that I shouldn't have to worry too much about.

ta0SSZZ.jpg

yWhEdD3.jpg

Next is the Civivi Appalachian Drifter front flipper slipjoint in green canvas Micarta and S35VN steel. I like this one MUCH more than the blue Rose G10/carbon fiber and damascus blade. My wife said that one looked like a gas station knife, lol. This one is built every bit as well as the previous one and the action is just as good as well. Civivi sure does a really good job on their grinds!

Va7MluT.jpg

vg9aAKW.jpg

KRW6Dth.jpg

sAxpr9p.jpg

Last edited:
Back