Everyone's latest acquisitions!

I've picked up a bunch of new ones over the past week or so. Unfortunately, I shipped out four of them out for custom work before I took pictures. Oh well, I'll post 'em when they make it back to me, lol.

First up is a beautiful sheath by none other than our very own Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley . :D It's drop dead gorgeous and fits my SAK Huntsman Walnut like a dream. Nice and snug, but easy to remove when I need to. The para cord and beads came compliments of Gary, because he's awesome. If you need some leatherwork done, I'd recommend getting on his books before I take all the spots, lol.

ZSSoW3f.jpg

05pIGty.jpg

Next we have the Spyderco Slysz Bowie exclusive. I'm sure you all have heard enough about this thing by now, so I'll spare you here, lol. Cool knife though.
34UQrCm.jpg

4gH6DRn.jpg

JF1nySM.jpg

Next we have the ProTech Malibu in 20CV and milled titanium. I was a bit surprised by how much heavier this knife is than the aluminum version. It's a good heft though, feels nice. At first I thought I wanted this knife with the wharncliffe blade, but after owning both, I think I now prefer the reverse tanto. The extra weight at the tip just makes it fire a whole lot harder, which I enjoy. If it comes down to it, I can also send it in for a regrind though. :) I really like the Slysz Bowie, but I do have to say this. If I had $400 to spend on a single knife, and had to choose between to the two... It would be the Malibu HANDS DOWN.
cruuGUh.jpg

xTOmZMF.jpg

RSyBXMN.jpg

Next is a Solingen made Boker barlow featuring bog oak (really stinking old wood) and stainless damascus forged by Chad Nichols. Really, really good stuff. The fit and finish on this thing is out of this world. They even gave the backspring a mirror polish.
ngyAjLM.jpg

piHW3cF.jpg

BegBJoK.jpg

And then I also picked up the Teal and S90V Spyderco Para 3 LW exclusive, but I forgot to take pics before I did a blade swap and sold the teal scales/M390 blade, so this will have to do, lol.
Zd5K5qo.jpg

MnWiyYA.jpg

More to come when the custom work is done on the other knives. :)

Last edited:
I'm loving it much more than I thought I would. I really like having a small knife choice. And this one is 5th pocketable!

I had no intentions of getting another Fox right away, but really would like to find this exact model in a 3.25" to 3.5" blade length. Can be the N690 steel for all I care.

Real Steel Stella slip joint, neat knife, it's 'half stop' is not quite at the half way point, giving your digits a little more clearance and a chance to get them out of harm's way. And there is a hidden lanyard pin, but, you will be hard pressed to get any type of cord around that pin...I tried for a long time as I don't like taking things apart right away unless necessary and in this case, absolutely necessary if you wanted to use a cord of a decent diameter, this is some 325 paracord has three inner threads and after I removed the clip side to gain access to the pin, I had to press the paracord around the pin and down into place, once assembled there was NO pulling the cord around the pin.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

I like the size and blade shape is quite handy, has VG-10 blade that arrived sharp, it can be opened one handed by pinching the blade and pushing the handle away from the blade, not a fast opening but easily done.
G2

I recently acquired a Marttiini knife, which was originally made for the commander of the Finnish Army. I was told that this is one of two similar knives Marttini has made. There is is a text Maavoimapäällikkö (the commander of army) written on the blade. The knife needs some maintenance to enhamce it's appearance. Also found two unused vintage Moras and few lightly used vintage Moras.

Just got a great Victorinox Spartan with amazing cast/enameled 3D scales. This one is of the Luzern Lion military memorial.

Part of a 20-ish knife series done by a Swiss metal casting company which supplied the scales to Vic.
Hard to find in US. Sold mostly through Swiss jewelry/tourist stores.

Last edited:
Back