Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Peacent, does Kershaw still make those vise grip MTs? It looks like it would be great in my minimalist toolbox.

Connor

Peacent, does Kershaw still make those vise grip MTs? It looks like it would be great in my minimalist toolbox.

Connor

Hey, Connor (Lapeer here, BTW), the Kershaw A100 multitool has been out of production for some time. I have a lightly used one in my collection. They are really cool, and it is sad that they quit producing it.

Hey, Connor (Lapeer here, BTW), the Kershaw A100 multitool has been out of production for some time. I have a lightly used one in my collection. They are really cool, and it is sad that they quit producing it.
How are the tools on it? I assume they're just fine, but you never know if a MT has a size 3 instead of 2 flathead screwdriver. *cough* LM Rev *cough*

Connor

Connor

To answer your question, and the previous poster's as well:

IMG_20160408_191859_864_zpsognar0z7.jpg

Yeah, it is a discontinued Kershaw A100 paired with a Gerber MP800 Legend. Both are excellent and have taken me two years to find and acquire.

IMG_20160408_191831_327_zpsci3co8nl.jpg

The MP has become my EDC multitool, so capable, strong and sexy looking.

IMG_20160407_120925_925_zpsg8nnblf7.jpg

The A100 is my Crunch substitute, it is more versatile for me. Phillips, flathead, useful hacksaw, great file and can opener. Practical vise grips, quite strong and easy to operate, better than Leatherman's IMO.

IMG_20160408_191849_937_zpseun8xrwi.jpg

So cool!

I've got three Cold Steel models incoming - a Kobun (because they're cool and inexpensive), a Large Voyager (in the new CTS-BD1 steel - sweet!), and another Mini Tuff Lite (before they're gone).

Of course, watch for photos soon...

I've got three Cold Steel models incoming - a Kobun (because they're cool and inexpensive), a Large Voyager (in the new CTS-BD1 steel - sweet!), and another Mini Tuff Lite (before they're gone).

Of course, watch for photos soon...

Nothing like takin' cool pics of new CS Folders...I find them really attractive, and it's not too long since I get a new one that there's a photogenic capture session with it!

20150928_074159_zpsg1ydunrk.jpg

Jose DeBraga's Star Ship series - Phase III, Special Edition #1 - Bolster release - circa 1995, just acquired:

xlarge.jpg

I don't have a photo to post yet but about 20 minutes ago, Mr. Mailman brought me a minty new Chris Reeve Sebenza 25. Great Googly Moogly is this knife a thing of beauty!!

This is better than last Christmas!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Received a Swamprat Ratweiler CG (3/16" version) earlier this week.
Top - pictured with a 1/4" Ratweiler CG.
Say Heah, Santa in his Brown Truck delivered my RatWeiler 1/4" thick, But I asked Trissy to thin the edge down, it's newspaper sharp out of the box, The advertising so Rion of the newspaper was enough proof for me since I will be using it as my Chopper teamed with my Rodent Solution and possibly my RatManDu, or even my Modde Rodent 6 which I had thinned down and the top gaurd taken off and now it look's like a beefy RatMandu on steriods. Although I've been practicing using less knife carries and using more hatchets and saws. So far for sure the RatWeiler with my Rodent Solution is the carry I'm most sure of. I have a area I want to scout out, So my 2Hawks Warbeast Tomahawk and my Wicked Tough Saw is coming on that trip. I'm pretty sure I'll like it as much as my Rodent 7 and my Rodent 4 which the Rodent 3 is a little lighter and possibly more controlable since it is a little smaller. Anyhow, I'm so happy there's a Christmas in April.

Jackmandu... Just purchased from a member.

Just purchased a Buck Vantage Force Pro that needs to get sent in for warranty...so while that's gone, I picked up a Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight in CTS BD1.

Back