Everything Lefties thread

I love that knive. So basic and clean( the design). Great picture. On this knife in its environment.
As much as I love my inkosi’s, every time I go back to a 21 I think I like them more. Preference changes all the time. Most of my 21s are smoother and more wore in than the others tho. The plain 21 is still my favorite sebenza

Possibly one. Other than that no. A Klein stripping knife, a Stanley utility knife, or a Milwaukee folding knife will do the same thing. Cut stuff ha
At least I’m not surprised.:)

It’s a funny thing about knives, such a range get lumped together with utility blades and the like. I’m convinced many people have never experienced a good, sharp knife.

Can’t really explain the interest of lack of interest either…

I can tell you that once you hand a knife to someone and tell them "careful its sharp" and you get back " ya it's a knife" and you say " I don't think you understand what sharp is" they laugh , then end up cutting the shit out of themselves. And say " holy shit that thing is sharp". While your wrapping them up and taking them for stitches. They soon became interested. Happened once at work. Guy got 5 stitches and within 3, weeks 4 knives.

Dcdavis Dcdavis Quick (true) story for you (abbreviated):

Getting dark earlier now. Need more lighting. Go to turn on lamp.

"Don't bother with that lamp."

"Why not?"

"The extension cord is dead."

"Really? It was fine last time I checked."

Sure enough. No lamp working. So, I pulled the sofa out from the wall to take a look, and...

THE EXTENSION CORD WAS PLUGGED INTO ITSELF.:):rolleyes:

"Why not?"

Sure enough. No lamp working. So, I pulled the sofa out from the wall to take a look, and...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Mt. Dew out the noise funny.

At least I’m not surprised.:)

It’s a funny thing about knives, such a range get lumped together with utility blades and the like. I’m convinced many people have never experienced a good, sharp knife.

Can’t really explain the interest of lack of interest either…
Yea a lot of people haven’t. I understand someone not wanting to shell out $450 for a sebenza to just go beat it up and use it like any other knife. I’m not saying I go and just abuse it but it gets used with not much hesitation. I enjoy using them. They can take it. This morning I’m up on a ladder cutting in boxes and fishing wires in. Once I cut the wood it wouldn’t come out. I did use the butt of my sebenza To tap the cutout wood. Wouldn’t come out. Took my victorinox electrician out and pryed it out. Didn’t used my blade as a pry bar. Like I said I don’t abuse them but I’ll push the limits AE4F8A5C-DFA0-45E7-B874-15CA354A1DCD.jpeg If you added up all the packs of razor blades and cheap folding knives that get broke or lost, in time a $450 sebenza will pay for itself. I can sharpen it, I can maintain it, I can send it in for warranty and service, I can get replacement parts, and if the blade gets sharpened away I can get a new one (for a fee). In the end I can justify the purchase and appreciate the craftsmanship. Plus I enjoy knives. Now can I justify to someone with good reason why to have 20 Crk’s in a logical sense? :D Not really.

"Why not?"

That’s great right there haha

Yea a lot of people haven’t. I understand someone not wanting to shell out $450 for a sebenza to just go beat it up and use it like any other knife. I’m not saying I go and just abuse it but it gets used with not much hesitation. I enjoy using them. They can take it. This morning I’m up on a ladder cutting in boxes and fishing wires in. Once I cut the wood it wouldn’t come out. I did use the butt of my sebenza To tap the cutout wood. Wouldn’t come out. Took my victorinox electrician out and pryed it out. Didn’t used my blade as a pry bar. Like I said I don’t abuse them but I’ll push the limits View attachment 1215467 If you added up all the packs of razor blades and cheap folding knives that get broke or lost, in time a $450 sebenza will pay for itself. I can sharpen it, I can maintain it, I can send it in for warranty and service, I can get replacement parts, and if the blade gets sharpened away I can get a new one (for a fee). In the end I can justify the purchase and appreciate the craftsmanship. Plus I enjoy knives. Now can I justify to someone with good reason why to have 20 Crk’s in a logical sense? :D Not really.
Makes perfect sense to me. (Naturally.) I think I might surpass you on the count, but maybe = on the $ investment!

One thing I’ve noticed is that the people I’ve instructed in knives and sharpening really like it and are proud of it—this includes professionals, men and women in their 50’s. One man, a physician, was absolutely grinning with joy over getting his knives sharp. (He’s a surgeon!) and he asked me why no one ever taught him before…another lady takes her DMT plate to work (office) and sharpens at her desk.

So, I’ve tried to figure out if knives/sharpening is a money thing or it’s like having a favorite color, you just like it because you do—mostly I think it has to do with who introduced us to knives, etc., and/or the context.

We have some very high level discussions!:p
Don’t feel bad. I’ve been on many service calls where the problem was either breaker tripped or turned off or a ground fault tripped. A couple where just needed to turn the switch on

Back