Excelent kukri article about metal ring griped kukris.

Hello Chaps, this might be of interest to those of you interested in ww2 era kukri..

A long term, prolific & expierienced English kukri collector Christopher Scott who is regular in depth researcher at Winchesters official Gurkha museum has just penned this article on Ethnographic arms forum, about those brass ring grip kukris we all see from illustrated by Simon Hengle & sadly even sold by dodgy dealers on facebook, ebay & sadly elsewhere, being described ww2 British army Gurkha issue.

Their not. {A point Ive stated myself many times before, as did JP & indeed Bill before me.} Most are post war , the one in C.5000 that wasn't was bought privately.
An article well worth reading in my opinion, Concise precise accurate with good photos & sourced material from the Gurkha museum. {The rare originals appear to be steel fittings. but even most steel fitting ones are post war.} When I was a child seaside tourist shops were full of them, & lionheads & those bone & brass handled mild steel sword sticks, that sadly most dealers sell as Victorian.... {& I'm not that old..... I'm talking seeing them brand new in the early 70s!}

Spiral.

The linky is...

http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21635

Enjoy!

Thanks for putting this on here! I've always been interested in the history of the kukri, and this looks like its going to be very informative!

Back