Excellent story regarding History Axes in Maine

Thank you for this. I wonder what those idealist characters (seeking to re-make classic axes) will come up with.

Thank you for this. I wonder what those idealist characters (seeking to re-make classic axes) will come up with.

Well, honestly, it's not like people don't have the materials. I think the only thing lacking is most likely the experience of the people that have retired or long gone. I see no other technical reason why they couldn't at least achieve the success the Swedes had lately.

Nice, I am in Maine for the weekend maybe I will come across an antique shop. I have to agree about the Adirondack handles too, they seem pretty pointless.

I think the point of an Adirondack is that most of the time you use the sharper end of a double bit. Optimize the haft for that work. When you need to do rough work use the tough end of the DB and sacrifice some ergonomics for a few minutes. It's a viable option. Not for everyone.

I think the point of an Adirondack is that most of the time you use the sharper end of a double bit. Optimize the haft for that work. When you need to do rough work use the tough end of the DB and sacrifice some ergonomics for a few minutes. It's a viable option. Not for everyone.

Makes sense. They are extremely uncommon. I've literally only come across one ever. When I pointed out to the seller that someone put the wrong handle on a double bit, he schooled me. I learned someting new.

BTW, I have dealt personally with Alex Koch. He is an honest enthusiast, and told me that he plans on starting a museum.

Back