1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exotic skins.....I guess I'm an addict!

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by sheathmaker, Jul 8, 2017.

1. sheathmaker

sheathmaker Custom Leather Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 18, 2005
    Ryan Wilson-Lum.jpg Here's one I finished up today. Dark brown shark for the chevron and Elephant for the inlay. Russet Wicket and Craig 7/8 Oz. for the rest of it. Fully leather lined.

I'm not thrilled with this new forum software. That's as big as I know how to make the photos and I'm not even sure how I did that!

Edit: I finally figured out how to post at least one large photo. Hope I can remember how to do it next time.

Paul

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    DaKruiser and grogimus like this.
  2. High Standard

High Standard Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Hey Paul. From what I can see (due to the size of the photo) it looks great. That's one fantastic piece of Elephant.

3. claude scott

claude scott making custom sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 28, 2011
    Nice work Paul it's always inspiring to see your work. I have some of that elephant really like working with it

4. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    that sheath looks good!

5. sahunter06

sahunter06 Knifemaker/service provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2013
    Great looking Mr. Long.

6. Doc.

Doc.

Mar 29, 2016
    Looks awesome Paul. FYI I am loving the exoics you made for me. Best money I ever spent.

7. lowes48

lowes48

Jan 25, 2010
    Awesome work, as always, exotic or not!

8. WEB2

WEB2

Oct 13, 2004
    Very nice!

9. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Just sent you a PM about posting bigger photos. We need to see those exotics :D

Ray

10. just-a-hunter

just-a-hunter KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 5, 2015
    Absolutely top tier as always, Paul. This one is very "rich".. takes some studying to take it all in. Very beautiful.

Todd

11. paneraica

paneraica

Mar 4, 2011
    [QUOTE="sheathmaker, post: I'm not thrilled with this new forum software. That's as big as I know how to make the photos and I'm not even sure how I did that![/QUOTE]

What setting is your camera on? It should be on the highest image setting in order to get the largest image.

Afterwards. Use an image program (MS Paint, ACDSee etc.) to crop and resize image suitable for posting.

Most sits that host images have multiple settings ranging from small images to large. Just need to know which URL link to use and insert. There is a preview in order to see the size of your image.

This image is 850 x 800

DON

[​IMG]

12. sheathmaker

sheathmaker Custom Leather Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 18, 2005
    Error post. I entered the information as an edit to post #1.

13. ANovinc

ANovinc Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Now that the picture is larger, it is so much easier to see the beauty. Love the colors and textures.

14. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Wow Paul now even these old peepers can see em. Course I did get my new glasses yesterday! Perfect!