Experience with Jende Poly Diamond Emulsions?

Now that I'm satisfied with my stropping motion, I'm going into build up my stropping set.
DMT seems to be the standard with diamonds and sharpening, but I've seen Jende in the corners of the internet. Any experience with their diamond spray vs DMT?

Last edited:
More diamond per volume, higher quality diamond and better quality control of the grits... Ie it says 1 micron, you won't see higher than 1 grit, unlike other brands that have less control in this. A better solution so clumping does not occur. Etc.
Hand America and Ken swartz also make high end diamond sprays, emulsions etc. Alot of people think it's over kill but those who use them and are pros have said otherwise. Depending on the user they may be of no use to you for the cost.

Richmond make a more affordable solution. And iirc DBK has a solution that @DeadboxHero recommended for them. It's like half the price iirc. Forget the manufacturer/maker. Also bastard strops make some in house too.

Last edited:
Now that I'm satisfied with my stropping motion, I'm going into build up my stropping set.
DMT seems to be the standard with diamonds and sharpening, but I've seen Jende in the corners of the internet. Any experience with their diamond spray vs DMT?
I have not used DMT so i cannot give an opinion on it. But do use Jende diamond spray and it works for me. It is a high quality product that has many grit sizes. I personally use 1 and .05 micron. I know everyone is different and i do not like recommending products based on my personal opinion, but i have found there spray works well for me. Hope this helps. Have a good one.

I buy stuff ebay that ship's out from the Ukraine and I have always been happy with it,just type in poltava diamond paste and you get a bunch of result's and the ones you want to look at have a different color label for each grit and they are sod in lot's of 3 or more.

Also try typing in Diamond water-based polishing paste at ebay as well this is a seller that carries a good selection,he has everything from 4 Carat up to 16 or higher,4 Carat is standard and I wouldn't use anything higher then 10 Carat paste anything higher and it can clump.The guy that sell's the water based stuff always got back to me pretty quickly and is a good seller I got a bad bottle one time and all I had to do was send him a picture and he sent me a new bottle.

I use these brands because they work just fine and your not having to fork out tons of cash to get a high concentration of diamonds and you be getting enough to last you years.

I have the Jende 1 x 6 Nanocloth strop and I've applied the Jende 1 micron diamond emulsion to it. I find this combination is especially effective at removing burr remnants that my other strops don't always get.

Andrew

I use both the 4 and 2 micron Max Concentration — I find them to be superb. The 4 micron on basswood is a fantastic deburring combo. I use the 2 micron MC followed by Ken Schwartz’s 1 micron (both on soling leather) to maintain edges between sharpenings. Good stuff.

I can’t speak for Jende’s regular diamond emulsions, as I haven’t tried them. I fully endorse the MC.

Back