Exploring logging roads with the ATV

I finally had time to go back out and explore. I travelled on some logging roads and explored a lake where I spotted a beaver. I had to cut down a bunch of fallen trees to get to there and in the hot weather it wasn't easy.
Still a good day out

I finally had time to go back out and explore. I travelled on some logging roads and explored a lake where I spotted a beaver. I had to cut down a bunch of fallen trees to get to there and in the hot weather it wasn't easy.
Still a good day out

Nice jaunt, great view. I don't have an ATV unless you count horses, so I'd have had to go old school. But no need to remove the obstacles!

Zieg

Very cool, thanks for sharing! I used to love exploring the old logging roads on the east side of the Chattahoochee River just north of Columbus Georgia years ago. I lived off grid along the river there for several months, maybe a year, 30 years ago. I loved exploring that whole area, lots of wildlife there. Cool looking beaver lodge!

I understand that a responsible ATV user just cruises along existing old roads, therefore not disturbing walk-only trails.

Also riding at reasonable speeds does not erode the road much. Maybe I am assuming too much.

I would definitely use one (if I owned it and and my area would be suitable) to shorten the approaches to certain climbs or hikes. It should allow to haul more gear and set up a comfortable base camp.

Mikel

Back