Extreme Build Off Challenge

The knives are here and the testing has begun.

I want to thank everyone for being patient.

This challenge will have several parts to it and will take some time.

I'll first post some comparison pictures and then the specs on the knives.

All of these makers are very talented and have very different ideas incorporated into their designs.

I'll be posting several videos and the editing will take some time.

One thing for sure ... these guys know sharp!

From the top ... Chad Hill, Dave Behrens, Bruce Culberson, Rick Marchand, James Helm, Justin Gingrich and Mike Fennessy.

IMG_9818.jpg

IMG_9819.jpg

IMG_9823.jpg

IMG_9824.jpg

IMG_9822.jpg

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9816.jpg

IMG_9817.jpg

Wow, Bruce Culbersons was my favourite but after seeing that Justin Gingrich one I'm not sure anymore, they all look awesome, can't wait to see more pics !

THey all look great to me, thanks for posting the pics. I thought you were also making a knife for this Brian??

It seemed awkward for me to test my own blade so I entered the Gingrich Triple Six that is my design. So I'm halfway entered. :)

BTW ... Bruce, your blade is a mean slicer!

looking forward to this!
looking at the blades SXS, I have some suspicions on how they will do in the ergonomics and handle comfort.
That Fennessy looks like a baby in this lineup, but it's a nice looking blade.
Justin's looks like the sort of thing bombs should be afraid of - rather than the other way around... ;)

The Gingrich reminds me of this knife which has been on my lotto win bucket list for years now !

spalted_Wiseman_in_hand_zps50330771.jpg

IMG_9818.jpg

The Gingrich is like a tactical version on steroids !!!!

I still have a favorable 2, and it is still the same. But I really see a good challenge coming for this right now. :thumbup:

Subscription added. This should be a good fun to watch. All the entries look great.

Rick, why do all of your knives have to look so gosh darn stupid good? I mean really, every single picture I see of one of your knives is putting me that much closer to pretty much ensuring I am going to end up single.

Wow, Bruce Culbersons was my favourite but after seeing that Justin Gingrich one I'm not sure anymore, they all look awesome, can't wait to see more pics !

My thoughts exactly! I like them both but man Justins knife looks just crazy cool

Back