Extreme Duty on Planes

Discussion in 'Rick Hinderer Knives' started by fredhoward75, Aug 13, 2013.

1. fredhoward75

fredhoward75

Sep 24, 2007
    Just got my first Hinderer pen, an extreme duty. Beautiful pen and love the design, look and feel.

Anyone know how these guys do with TSA/trying to carry on a plane?

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find anything through search.

Thanks!

2. Hawk590

Hawk590 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I have a S&W tactical pen and I have had them look at it several times but there is nothing against the rules about them. I always leave it in my computer bag with the pen side out.

3. Maprik

Maprik

May 17, 2012
    I carry my Investigator pen with me when I travel and it's never been an issue. I've had TSA agents take it out and inspect it but once they see it's a pen they slip it back no questions asked.

4. fredhoward75

fredhoward75

Sep 24, 2007
    Awesome, thank you!

5. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011
    I have never had any trouble with my Investigator, that said I have tried to fly with one of my E.D.'s.
    Perhaps obvious but, I might be judicious with tip selection if you have some of the optional ones.

6. Need2Know

Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    I cannot speak to the Extreme Duty but can comment on the Investigators.

Carry-on; I tuck most everything from my pockets into an external zipper pocket on my bag (that I keep empty just for this purpose). It allows me to go thru the security screening holding my pants up with nothing in my pockets. Investigator goes through without a hiccup equipped with standard bullet-style tip. After the screening, resupply my pockets and take my seat.

I also have been in many establishments, clubs and such across the US that disallow knives, but Investigator pens have never been an issue.

7. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011
    Damn it ! I knew I was doing something (backwards)Note to self: Hold the Pants UP not to get stopped.
    Thanks N2K! :D

8. wjswiger

wjswiger Banned BANNED

Feb 27, 2011
    Man that's just wrong!! Also brings to mind some visuals that will bring adult beverages to mind to clear.....

9. Need2Know

Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    Uh Ō!

:D