Factor Equipment Knives

RamZar

Gold Member
Factor Equipment Knives is a Chinese company making knives and flashlights. I don't know if they're related to Fenix flashlights.

A couple of weeks ago they had their Iconic folders (regular/compact with TI/CF on presentation side) on Massdrop but after people complained that they looked too similar to Giant Mouse Knives GM1 the drop was discontinued without any being sold. The Iconic do indeed look just like the GM1 just better steel and lighter.

The Iconic and the newer Absolute One are now being sold by KnifeCenter.

Absolute One with a 2.91" blade of M390 (0.12" thick), ceramic bearings flipper and weighing just 2.94 ounces for just $172.00 is very attractive. Unfortunately, proprietary screws on Absolute One!

I have no idea about their quality.

Absolute One
FQFA001.jpg

FQFA001a.jpg

FQFA001d.jpg

Iconic
FQFI003.jpg

FQFI001c.jpg

FQFI003b.jpg

Absolute One with a 2.91" blade of M390 (0.12" thick), ceramic bearings flipper and weighing just 2.94 ounces for just $172.00 is very attractive. Unfortunately, proprietary screws on Absolute One!
FQFA001d.jpg

At least it looks like they provide a wrench for the proprietary screws. I still hate all stupid funky screws, but I'm less enraged by them when the tool comes with the knife.

Looks like the tool fits the pivot, but I don't see anything for the body screws. :(

The opposite end of the tool from the obvious pivot wrench looks like just the perfect sized flat head to turn the frame screws. I could be wrong, though.

Looks like flat head screw drivers may work on the Absolute One screws. Also, noticed that the lanyard hole is a hex tool.

Absolute One Compact has a 2.91" blade of M390 whereas the regular has a 3.15" blade and priced $172 and $184 respectively.

Iconic uses standard torx screws, the steel is S35VN and priced from $136 to $160 depending on the size (3.12" or 3.42" blade length) and whether TI or CF on the presentation side.

Knives identical to the Absolute One are available on counterfeit import sites for less money in VG10 under the brands "Maker" and "Originality" so I'm not sure about Factor knives yet...

Knifecenter is still selling them! WTF? The "Iconic" is clearly a cloned/copied/stolen design. And I would seriously doubt that they are actually in M390 and S35VN. I am reminded of the fiasco that KC and CRKT had with the KC exclusive Hootenanny that was supposed to be in S30V but turned out to be in 1095... Very bad form on whomever is running Knifecenter.

As of this writing, Knifecenter lists the Factor Equipment Iconic as "discontinued."

It still seems to be available on the manufacturer's website.

I own the GMP1. Like it very much. But it's too large and heavy for me to pocket-carry.

Jens Ansø and Jesper Voxnaes are rightly proud of their collaborative design. And right to be pissed that someone copied it so closely, although not in size.

I wish that they had answered consumer demand for a smaller version. But they didn't.

The Factor people saw a demand and answered it. They should have paid to license the design. It's the right thing to do when something is this close.

Factor could then sell its Iconic without guilt. And consumers who have been hoping for a more pocketable version wouldn't be in a quandry about getting what they want when it's already on the market and at an attractive price.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying my Factor Absolute 1. It has a 2.9" blade of M390, smooth ceramic bearings, steel lock bar insert and titanium. It weighs just 2.95 ounces. It came with zippered pouch and cleaning cloth all for $172. I can even open it using the blade hole. Some small issues: proprietary screws although flat head works (a tool is provided), it wasn't very sharp and handle is prone to scratches. I've been carrying it exclusively for over a week now.

bdffb976-548a-4637-b78c-eee0fd90ce0e_zpsznqy3y2k.jpg

e8a8ec44-362a-4ac7-adcf-0f8dd3670d8f_zpswf4yn5ax.jpg

88d492fa-53d6-46dc-afcf-82529f05e13c_zpsp1zcsamx.jpg

83d198dc-625f-4240-87d1-9b27edfbe681_zpscfvsuytg.jpg

I bought the large Absolute 1. Large is 7.83" oal, and 3.15" blade. I have to say mine was extremely sharp out of the pouch. These are very well made. Flips really well, nice edc size. Has all the goodies in demand these days. Nice presentation too. I am impressed.

Factor Equipment is based in Arkansas, owned at least in part by Bryan Griggs. They started business in 2016, I believe. Their knives are Chinese made. They also are producing flashlights with the Factor name. Check them out, especially the Absolute 1.

This is kind of an old thread, but does anyone have any additional experience with the brand? Any idea if the materials are as stated? Fit & finish?

Thanks!

This is kind of an old thread, but does anyone have any additional experience with the brand? Any idea if the materials are as stated? Fit & finish?

Thanks!

Multiple reviews I have seen indicate that the materials are exactly as stated, and the general impression is that the build quality is excellent. I have the Ti Iconic coming in pretty soon, so I’ll be able to provide some additional anecdotal information in a few days.

I bought a Factor Equipment Absolute 1 direct from Factor and paid less than $100 for it. That was about 3 or 4 months ago. Nice knife for the $.

Seems shady.

Designs dont really do it for me personally. To each his own.

But then Im not impressed by the GM either.

They are manufactured by bestech. I talked to them about the giant mouse clone and they said factor equipment provided them with the design to make. It's very similar but not exact. But it's clear as day factor equipment used the GM as a base for the design.

If the “absolute one” is supposed to be a unique design I have seen that design for a while being made by various Chinese companies that specialize in knockoffs.

Multiple reviews I have seen indicate that the materials are exactly as stated, and the general impression is that the build quality is excellent. I have the Ti Iconic coming in pretty soon, so I’ll be able to provide some additional anecdotal information in a few days.
Thanks everyone!
I’d like to hear what you think with it in hand.

Back