Fairly Knives Chat - Check in and say Hi! Post whatever here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

I gotta say that I keep picking up that chopper! It has great thickness (and a don't F*** with me look). And I love the Crypto!!! I also see that I can use it as a major league cleaver!

I've always stored my leather sheaths away from my knives because of a fear of rust. Good info on the Neatsfoot Oil.

Now, back to playing with my new toys... :D

That is great to hear!

I'm glad you like the look on the chopper! I think an etched/polished finish looks especially nice with the crypto.

On the sheaths I still recommend storing the knives separate. I even oil stainless! Even with kydex you have to be somewhat careful, I always clean and oil them before storage. The kydex better be bone dry too...

shaymanx, I hate you for buying that chopper for $60 on the ex... YOU SLUT... ;] I will be keeping an eye on your from now one *_+

Morning guys. Just got done tracking down the scum that hacked my account...

Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:40:24 PM GMT
IP Address: 187.115.74.70

Maybe take note of the IP address, send a firestorm, man in the middle, cack-worm, trojan, or any other computer related calamity you can! thankfully, the account wasn't tied to any bank accounts with any money in them, so far so good. My security setup did stop it before complete access was gained, but I was sure pissed off when I couldn't log in from my android, which is where I do 99% of my on line stuff. On the PC now still cleaning up the mess, reassigning my android to this account, updating passwords, updating secondary notification email addresses, all the good stuff!

Ok, back to it now. I'll check in later...

-Xander

shaymanx, I hate you for buying that chopper for $60 on the ex... YOU SLUT... ;] I will be keeping an eye on your from now one *_+

Dumb luck really. I just happened to be looking around when I saw the listing pop up and it was only a few minutes old. I expected to see it gone already, even within the few minutes before I saw it. I usually see that kind of deal after it is looooooooooong gone.

BTW, I've also seen you score some good stuff. I got my eye on you too!

Just dropping in... big rush here!

I'm about to go pick my wife up from the airport and then her parents are driving in from LA and will be here this afternoon.. oh the timing.

I haven't written everybody back from yesterday, I do apologize. No time here trying to get everything ready.

I do have the current batch completely heat treated, I spent a half day yesterday grinding the flats on 5 of them and only have a bit left for that part now! (flats take forever... I went through 2 new belts and 4 old ones on the M4 knives alone! that M4 is INSANE!)

OK See you guys tonight or tomorrow!

Evening men.Well she finally arrived. Let me say my Sioux Warrior Survival Knife is out of this world.It is exactly what i was thinking of when I ordered it!!!The pictures do not even come close to a good representation of how awesome this knife is. The sheath that Sara and Daniel made for it is unbelievable.This knife will always be with me when I go in the woods!!!! This is going to be my go to knife!!!!I own a lot of customs in this size range and this one from Daniel is off the charts! It is like a 2lb straight razor!!! Thanks again Brother!!!!

Morning men! Got my knives yesterday maybe 15 minutes before I had to go to work and am at work now, so I have had any real chance to play with them yet.

BUT THEY ARE SO FRIGGIN SWEET!!! :D :D

Thanx again Daniel for all the little tid bits and extras you threw in, too. I will make good use of it! I already have one idea that will be fun! I started going over that tanto for some ideas and I have a few I'm going to think about a bit more.

The rigger will work perfect! It is so comfy in hand, it just wants to cut! I almost carried it to work today, too!

-Xander

looks like everyone is receiving thier fairly knives . I am jealous of all of you :D I'll start saving for the next run. Danial,have a nice visit with the family. Xander,I will be by soon. have a good one everyone! later.

Hey guys!

My in-laws just left, we all had a great time. I am ready to go after a nice break.

I'm going to grind the flats on the 52100 knives then cut up some scale material, the run is back on! :D

Hey guys, been busy the last couple days here. Finally getting a chance to work on my mini this morning before I go to work. I finalized the handle and guard, did some buffing, and it still needs to be sharpened. I added a small lip to the top of the guard, it just looks way better and more like a big fighter than a bowie. All the specs nd a few pics are in the mini KITH thread, but here's one for you guys...

1/10 scale recurve long fighter
2.1" oal .029" at the ricasso
Forged W1, bronze, walrus ivory

2012-06-18093329.jpg

-Xander

Hello Daniel,
First post here, I really like the tantos (A2), are these something that you produce fairly regularly, I really have to pick one up, unfortunately the PayPal account looks pretty dismal for the next week or so, if the two you have up go, will there be more soon? These have to be some of the nicest knives I have seen for a while, just the right mix of practical with flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back