Fairly Knives Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to crank this thread to 100!

Almost the weekend guys, we're almost there!

Did some more work to the house last night. The wife said the garage is mine to use for whatever, but part of me wants to invest in a detatched garage/shed. Hmmm.

About to crank this thread to 100!

Almost the weekend guys, we're almost there!

Did some more work to the house last night. The wife said the garage is mine to use for whatever, but part of me wants to invest in a detatched garage/shed. Hmmm.

Nice! I'd go detached if you can, easy to control the dust and you can garage the car in the Winter. Cool you are getting moved in!

Glad to see you survived Rolf.....but what about the kid? :)
Exactly!

Hi Justin!

I hear you on the forging, it changes up the heat treat a bit. I'm just capping the ends of my forge and leaving the knife in to anneal, it is working great. I'm also triple normalizing over reducing temps after forging to keep the grain size down.

Good morning! Have a great one.

Donnie

Good Morning Donnie! Have a great day!

Hi everyone!

I've been working on CAD for the last few hours and the Nakago Liner Lock is closer! I might make it before the Flipper depending on how things work out.

I also finished up the grinds on 38 knives this week so look out for some big projects soon! The order of things has gotten changed up a bit here but I think it is for the good and everything is looking very nice!

Daniel, you gotta go with the flow ( of creativity ) and the knives will always turn out awesome! Sneak peek ? :D
Have a killer Thursday, vatos!

Any kitchen knives in the mix? I got my nice magnetic/wooden knife strip and my lone Fairly sits across it.

Daniel, you gotta go with the flow ( of creativity ) and the knives will always turn out awesome! Sneak peek ? :D
Have a killer Thursday, vatos!

Thanks Kevin! That's true... I've been a grinding maniac lately and hope to unveil several projects soon! I'm not working on anything new yet but these will lead to that. :D

Any kitchen knives in the mix? I got my nice magnetic/wooden knife strip and my lone Fairly sits across it.

I have some started and want to get back on them soon... I have a Wabocho pretty close (I'm still rough grinding that 52100!) and a Wa handled Nakiri that has been hand sanded.

Upcoming/Etc - RF2's are close, I'm hoping to start the Kwaiken Folder grinds to get them rolling, I have a few fixed blades in 3V close (ready for scales!) and as mentioned a side project under way for a possible group buy type of thing... :D

I'm planning the Nakago Linerlock, maybe releasing a new Keychain tool and possibly a Nakago friction folder run... still working on the Flipper final details also. The Kwaikn Framelocks are going to be a big part of my focus as far as new designs go.

Daniel, it's gonna be a BIG year for you, best believe that!!! :thumbup:

Btw....we're on Pg 100! :eek:

Good morning friends! Have a great day and Daniel, keep the knives a comin. Lol :D

Daniel, I actually just had the opportunity to pick up a kiri you did a few years ago. It has the glow para cord handle too. It should be mailed out today. I started collecting custom kiris due to me being into Bonsai. A member here named Matthew Gregory made a kiri named the "Exactimundo" and I got it. It's a one of a kind and you can search the name on the forum and check it out...if you want.

Stay cool!

Donnie

Daniel, it's gonna be a BIG year for you, best believe that!!! :thumbup:

Btw....we're on Pg 100! :eek:
]

Thanks Ben, you rock!

100!!!!! Time for a new thread! :D

Good morning friends! Have a great day and Daniel, keep the knives a comin. Lol :D

Daniel, I actually just had the opportunity to pick up a kiri you did a few years ago. It has the glow para cord handle too. It should be mailed out today. I started collecting custom kiris due to me being into Bonsai. A member here named Matthew Gregory made a kiri named the "Exactimundo" and I got it. It's a one of a kind and you can search the name on the forum and check it out...if you want.

Stay cool!

Donnie

Thanks Donnie!

Good to hear on the Kiridashi incoming. I have made that style in .26" 5160, .25" 52100 and 1/8" 52100. I bet yours is 5160 with the glow wrap. The glow is a true paracord from what I understand and is something like 1000# test...

The Exactimundo sounds awesome! Great maker and name.

I have a 15n20 minidashi ready to go... I might keep it! They are .049" thick with a tall hollow... very slicey! I use my larger Kiridashi and Backpacker the most of any knives I own...

Good morning guys!

Hey there Danel. The kiri I have owing was the first one u sold on BF back in 2011 to a member named scaredsharp. It's headed to me today via FedEx. It does have the Glow wrap u mentioned. Looking forward to getting it. Your mini kiri is sick. Yet another I have my eyes on.:D

Donnie

Hey there Danel. The kiri I have owing was the first one u sold on BF back in 2011 to a member named scaredsharp. It's headed to me today via FedEx. It does have the Glow wrap u mentioned. Looking forward to getting it. Your mini kiri is sick. Yet another I have my eyes on.:D

Donnie

Wow, that's cool! That is possibly my first in the style and in the first 10 knives I made... I got a bunch of requests for the knife and it was one of the reasons I went straight to full time knifemaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back