Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

D, I sent you an email about that hidden tang one. I think I'd like to give it a new home.

-Bobby

Thanks Bobby, you freakin rock! I used part of the money to re-up here SO IT IS BACK ON GUYS!!!!! :)

Get ready! I want to bring this place back to full force!

I can't wait to get it in my kitchen! I've been using the other knife I got from you for damn near every task. It's seen better days. I need to get it out to you for some TLC, stat!

Hi guys!

Bobby thanks again! I still have that Wabocho hanging on the wall half ground, lol that reminds me! Send it in please and email incoming.

I have a few pics up and will get more today... time to get this place going!

Mail day today! No kidding 10+ hours into just mailing knives, brutal! I am finally getting somewhat caught up!!!

I have 2 Backpackers in stock, one is bright purple an the other is stonewashed...

Tomorrow is lots of W2 nd some random projects I need to get done. You guys have a great evening!

So while I was mulling things over, the stonewashed Backpacker Kwaiken got snatched up. Reminder to self: Buy first, think later.

Thanks Adam!

I'm just in from the shop... 11 hour day! Good one though, things went smoothly. 2 Kiridashis re heat treated nicely (hamon was too low) in straight water quench! 4 knives ground/etched/ground a whole bunch more/scales cut/glued up! Day off tomorrow while epoxy cures then back on!

You're on a tear, D. Clearly the creative juices are flowing and creative some really nice pieces.

Dude, don't you have any chill!? Been going like a wildfire!

Big things going on here too.

-X

D, I can see the vid just fine without a FB account. Those unground W2 blades are crrrrrraaaazy thick!
X, we need to get together and talk guns...and knives too. :)

Are tanto grind Ti Motivators ever going to come back? I'd be down for two. Thanks!

I have not forgotten! I was hoping sooner but still plan on bringing them back. I just made a bunch more Backpackers and my new Ultralight Backpacker Kwaiken... time to get some going as soon as possible!

Dude, don't you have any chill!? Been going like a wildfire!

Big things going on here too.

-X

Thanks X! What's going on!

I finally took a day off yesterday after almost three weeks straight of 10's... trying to make up for being really sick for a few weeks there. Things are going nicely!

D, I can see the vid just fine without a FB account. Those unground W2 blades are crrrrrraaaazy thick!
X, we need to get together and talk guns...and knives too. :)

Thanks! Yes they are really thick, maybe .27-3"! I bought it to forge but decided to get these going and really like the group. I forged a huge tanto from a little chunk which was fun to do.

Back to the grind today! I made it to town finally yesterday and returned a hf bandsaw that bit the dust... got a drill press clamp there too which looks to be pretty useful. I needed a break, sick again but feeling better! I think people were bringing in their kids with anything on the last day of pre-school.

I have some awesome looking knives glued up including my first Puukko... really light an slicey like it should be. Also a new spearpoint design... both are W2 with hamon.

I also have a World Traveler glued up in Hawaiin Koa!!! Tony!

You're on a tear, D. Clearly the creative juices are flowing and creative some really nice pieces.

Thanks! I just walked in from grinding the Koa you sent me... the World Traveler (Fighter) and I added thin black liners to the Koa. it is looking good! Really good! I just took it to a rough 400 and wiped it down, talk about some nice material! Lots of depth and movement...

Your work has been outstanding! I just got my next chef knife in the mail and it's slicey! I love the multi grind look! It fits great in hand, even Ash was enjoying handling it haha.

Feel better soon, dude!

Thanks very much, that is great to hear! I really like that knife and made it with the idea of keeping it... once I ground the scales and felt it... was really hard to make myself sell it! It means a lot that you have it and will put it to use.

Thanks too! On some antibiotics and feeling a lot better.

Definitely want to see what you've done with that koa! I've been using it a lot myself lately and it really does come to life. I've even got a set of GSO scales out of it that need a place to land ;)

Back