1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Daniel Fairly Knives' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    D, I sent you an email about that hidden tang one. I think I'd like to give it a new home.

-Bobby

2. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks Bobby, you freakin rock! I used part of the money to re-up here SO IT IS BACK ON GUYS!!!!! :)

Get ready! I want to bring this place back to full force!

3. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    I can't wait to get it in my kitchen! I've been using the other knife I got from you for damn near every task. It's seen better days. I need to get it out to you for some TLC, stat!

4. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Hi guys!

Bobby thanks again! I still have that Wabocho hanging on the wall half ground, lol that reminds me! Send it in please and email incoming.

I have a few pics up and will get more today... time to get this place going!

5. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Mail day today! No kidding 10+ hours into just mailing knives, brutal! I am finally getting somewhat caught up!!!

I have 2 Backpackers in stock, one is bright purple an the other is stonewashed...

Tomorrow is lots of W2 nd some random projects I need to get done. You guys have a great evening!

6. MrDrewBear

MrDrewBear

Aug 5, 2014
    Hope all is well D....I'm getting the itch for something new again

7. adamlau

adamlau Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 13, 2002
    So while I was mulling things over, the stonewashed Backpacker Kwaiken got snatched up. Reminder to self: Buy first, think later.

8. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
  9. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Can you guys without a facebook account see the above video? Thanks!

10. adamlau

adamlau Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 13, 2002
    No FB account here. Can view the video perfectly.

11. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks Adam!

I'm just in from the shop... 11 hour day! Good one though, things went smoothly. 2 Kiridashis re heat treated nicely (hamon was too low) in straight water quench! 4 knives ground/etched/ground a whole bunch more/scales cut/glued up! Day off tomorrow while epoxy cures then back on!

12. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    You're on a tear, D. Clearly the creative juices are flowing and creative some really nice pieces.

13. J.Vervoorst

J.Vervoorst Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Are tanto grind Ti Motivators ever going to come back? I'd be down for two. Thanks!

14. fast14riot

fast14riot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Dude, don't you have any chill!? Been going like a wildfire!

Big things going on here too.

-X

15. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2012
    D, I can see the vid just fine without a FB account. Those unground W2 blades are crrrrrraaaazy thick!
    X, we need to get together and talk guns...and knives too. :)

16. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    I have not forgotten! I was hoping sooner but still plan on bringing them back. I just made a bunch more Backpackers and my new Ultralight Backpacker Kwaiken... time to get some going as soon as possible!

Thanks X! What's going on!

I finally took a day off yesterday after almost three weeks straight of 10's... trying to make up for being really sick for a few weeks there. Things are going nicely!

Thanks! Yes they are really thick, maybe .27-3"! I bought it to forge but decided to get these going and really like the group. I forged a huge tanto from a little chunk which was fun to do.

Back to the grind today! I made it to town finally yesterday and returned a hf bandsaw that bit the dust... got a drill press clamp there too which looks to be pretty useful. I needed a break, sick again but feeling better! I think people were bringing in their kids with anything on the last day of pre-school.

I have some awesome looking knives glued up including my first Puukko... really light an slicey like it should be. Also a new spearpoint design... both are W2 with hamon.

I also have a World Traveler glued up in Hawaiin Koa!!! Tony!

17. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks! I just walked in from grinding the Koa you sent me... the World Traveler (Fighter) and I added thin black liners to the Koa. it is looking good! Really good! I just took it to a rough 400 and wiped it down, talk about some nice material! Lots of depth and movement...

18. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    Your work has been outstanding! I just got my next chef knife in the mail and it's slicey! I love the multi grind look! It fits great in hand, even Ash was enjoying handling it haha.

Feel better soon, dude!

Daniel Fairly Knives likes this.
  19. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks very much, that is great to hear! I really like that knife and made it with the idea of keeping it... once I ground the scales and felt it... was really hard to make myself sell it! It means a lot that you have it and will put it to use.

Thanks too! On some antibiotics and feeling a lot better.

20. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Definitely want to see what you've done with that koa! I've been using it a lot myself lately and it really does come to life. I've even got a set of GSO scales out of it that need a place to land ;)