Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

Morning guys.

Could use some smoke and prayers over here, my father in law had a heart attack on Saturday, they tried to put a stent in on Monday, found 85% blockage in 3 valves so doing an emergency bypass today. Also discovered his kidneys aren't working right and he's anemic. The wife is having a hard time.

Trying to make it great.

-X

Hoping for the best for him, X. That's some rough news indeed. I hope he pulls through.

Oh boy. Praying for you guys, X. Hopefully he's old-school tough and is on the mend soon.

Thanks guys, he's currently still in surgery, no word yet. He's a hard headed ol' bastid. He got hit on his motorcycle in his late teens and has been on disability ever since. He doesn't know what normal is, lol!

Just hoping the best.

Hope y'all are having a great day, mine is almost over!

-X

Initial good news, he came through surgery fine, the docs are happy with the procedure and he is on the road to recovery. One hurdle done.

Now, back to my oven, eclairs are calling my name!

-X

Xander we are thinking of him!

Those eclairs you are making look awesome! I might try making some, sounds good.

Thanx guys.

The eclairs (profiteroles actually) came out excellent. Did a simple filling with heavy cream and instant pudding, mix together slowly to avoid clumps, then whip on high for a minute or two. Pipe into centers. They were a big hit at the Xmas party today.

Make it great!

-X

Nice Xander!!! They looked awesome!

DFK tip of the day! Don't get giardia!!! It's back and more pills, wow my stomach is killing me! At least I know what it is now I seriously thought I had something much more serious... no energy at all from this stuff but I'm about to down several more cups of coffee and go grind!!!

12" plus predicted today, anybody want some snow? :D

What! How'd you get giardia, Daniel?
My wife and I got it when we were in Russia. It's a nasty thing!

Dang, it looks like I have missed a lot.
X, it's good to hear that your FIL is pulling through ok. You have any eclairs left over? :eek:
D, stop drinking from the grind bucket! ;) Get better, bro.
Hope all you DFKers are having good holidays!

Knives and eclairs!!!

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Giardia. Pictures NOT reqired. Not even if there are knives involve. We'll take your word for it.

Also, on a personal note - thanks guys for the well wishes about my wife and I hoping to adopt. We got word yesterday that we will not be able to. It is sad, but encouraging because the little guy will be going to an awesome home that has one of his siblings. It's a kick in the gut, but we know he's gonna be (somewhat) with family. It sucks and it's awesome at the same time.

OK - enough of that.

Any new knife goodness for Christmas, y'all? I'm waiting on one or two.

Giardia? I think Kevin called it! The Dr said it was really common here and probably from gardening or handling debris near a stream. Beavers carry it and we have a Beaver pond within sight.

Sara just came back with my script, the pills (luckily covered) were $538!!!! Talk about criminal...

Hey no drinking for quite a while here so at least that is good! No food today though either, I feel like I might pop! I've been fighting this since mid summer and had no idea what it was as symptoms come and go. I'm hammering away in the shop and it is kicking my butt! This stuff makes me tired all the time...

What are you doing, drinking from the beaver pond?? :D
You might need a UV light installed with a water treatment system.

What are you doing, drinking from the beaver pond?? :D
You might need a UV light installed with a water treatment system.

Hey the Beaver is pretty cool! I threw him down a bag of Hickory Chips for Christmas.

lol that guy climbs 60 feet almost straight up a cliff to go chew down Aspens from my neighbors property and drags them back to his area!

I'll look into the UV, I have a RO unit but it needs to be flushed. We just flushed our pipes too, water was stinky. That gets me thinking! I don't drink our tap water straight as it is that bad but make coffee and ice cubes from it.

I have had this stuff for 6 months with lethargy and pain being the only constant symptoms... had a great last 2 weeks when taking medication (and it is supposed to really slow you down) so I can't wait to fully be back! I've been grinding for 10 minutes then needing a 10 minute rest for way too long... been in the shop from 9-6 every day lately and just cranking away with almost no breaks like I used to! Lets hope I kick this stuff!

I hope everyone is having a great week! We got loads of snow here but not as bad as expected, some places got 16" just down the road! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Go get a blood test. I diagnosed my health issue before the doctors did, and a blood test confirmed it. 6months later and I am feeling a bit better but still a ways to go.

Health is neat.

Pretty much everyone should take a multi vitamin. I never did and didn't "believe" in them for the most part for most of my life. Now I take one daily. And vit C, vit D, and zinc. I wake up and drink water and take vits.. wait an hour before I eat or have tea...

Hope you feel better sooner than later.. but the "now" always seems the most important.. REST is best. :)

ok boyzz, be the change you want to see in this world!

Back