Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

cha!! :D
Did you guys see the Stedemon Shy4 folder? It's really nice nice but I like Daniel's design better.

Well, 2017 isn't off to a good start for me. Got laid off today. If I'm lucky I'll be able to return to my old job.

Damn dude, that's rough. Good luck getting back on your feet. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

It's not looking up yet, but we're resilient folk. I'm sure we'll bounce back.

D, by the way; killer job on that frikky. I think you've got this knifemaking gig down!

Rolf I looked them up, super cool especially with all of the bright G10.

Hang in there Bobby! Thanks on the folder too.

I'll have 2 folders up very soon, the green one with hammer pattern/milling and a new one with 5 hole pattern, milled shoulders and metallic ano.

I also have a fricky in the works in almost all carbon fiber with a laminated Ti/CF blade.

Thanks, Daniel! I think the Shy series will sell well.
What grind will you put on your tanto folder?

Thanks, Daniel! I think the Shy series will sell well.
What grind will you put on your tanto folder?

Usually a high hollow grind but I want to make some with a Katans style grind. One or two have had a full flat grind, I have one I need to finish up.

I have one about 90% finished in Koa and Mokume, it's coming up soon.

Wilson, you could always move to Cali and grow weed. :D Seriously though, A man with skills and a good work ethic will always find work.
D, I reallllllllly like that tanto folder that you have going right now. a katana grind sounds like it will add a whole new level of wicked cool to that design!
Bobby, bro hug! ..... just one. :D

Well, only took an hour to get an offer. I have 24 hours to respond, which is... very very unusual. Wife and I will be having a good talk tonight. She's headed home now from seeing how her dad is, so I'll have an update on that front as well.

Wilson, tag; you're it! Get back on those feet and let us know if we can help.

Wilson, you could always move to Cali and grow weed. :D Seriously though, A man with skills and a good work ethic will always find work.
D, I reallllllllly like that tanto folder that you have going right now. a katana grind sounds like it will add a whole new level of wicked cool to that design!
Bobby, bro hug! ..... just one. :D

Thanks!

lol we have the "trimigrant" scene here, people are rolling around wheelbarrows of weed to give away too!

Well, only took an hour to get an offer. I have 24 hours to respond, which is... very very unusual. Wife and I will be having a good talk tonight. She's headed home now from seeing how her dad is, so I'll have an update on that front as well.

Wilson, tag; you're it! Get back on those feet and let us know if we can help.

Interesting on the job and best of luck! All the best with the family too, we have your back!

Worn out here! Big day in the shop and shoveling snow in the dark. Wow we have a lot of snow now... 2 of the 4 highways that leave town are shut down!

Everyone have a great evening!

Got your email,D. I'll send a response when brain working. Just left hospital; her father has passed. Pain train continues.

Wilson dude, you good? Thanks for the well wishes, folks.

Our thoughts are with you and your family, Bobby.

Condolences Bobby.

Wilson, hang tough dude.

Gearing get up for massive storm here, haven't had flood warnings this severe since '05! Flood gates are closed today, evacuation centers are staffed, it's going to be a wet couple of days.

Make it great guys!

-X

Gearing get up for massive storm here, haven't had flood warnings this severe since '05! Flood gates are closed today, evacuation centers are staffed, it's going to be a wet couple of days.
Should I put a fender on my bike? :p I don't mind the rain so much but this wind is craaaazy. I got blasted with a gust that almost pushed me into the curb!
PMA, brothers!

Snow! It's supposed to be a big one here and I already have snow up to my windows. My area is crazy, Durango got 2" the last storm and in Silverton 30 miles North there was 30". I'm somewhere in between.

Anyone need a compound ground Backpacker? Metallic ano, very good price as I need to pay a bill today! Inquire within.

D were you able to pay your bill? I can check and see what I can send to you.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I was able to go back to my old job. Bobby, hope you and your wife are doing good. Xander, Fbc, y'all watch your ass. Don't get washed away. Daniel, stay warm, be careful in the snow.

IMWILSON- Hoo Rah!!
Hi Gang!!
I'm sending Daniel a sketch of a kiridashi folder design.
rolf

Back