Fairly Knives Photos

Wicked bad ass!!!! Can you explain the difference between a floating stop pin and a standard?

Thanks!

A pressed stop pin is semi- permanently pressed in a hole that is usually .001"-.002" undersized. Generally one side is undersized and the other frame side stop pin hole is .001" over for a slip fit.

A floating pin "floats" in a hole that is usually .001" over the pin size... this allows the pin to move while still indexing the knife. I like to "shoulder in" the pin... imagine a linerlock with pins in the liners and a scale covering them...

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks for explaining that, D .

edit:
I saw your video and understand what you are talking about now.

Last edited:
When are these gonna hit, D? Will they be one at a time, or a batch?

Curious minds want to know...

When are these gonna hit, D? Will they be one at a time, or a batch?

Curious minds want to know...

I'm getting really close on a group and got my new belts and tooling in today! :D

I think I'll complete one first then do a sign up... still debating what to do. They will run roughly $250 in all stonewashed with full backspacer and deep carved clip. Most if not all of the hardware will be Titanium. These are coming up soon!

I think the alien in the Terminator had one of those clipped on his webbing belt, right next to the detonator for his self destruct bomb.

I'm kidding - it is not overdone. That thing is... wicked! Beautiful details, dude!

Customized AKS Pivot - these pivots start off "square." I carved, polished, wire brushed and heat colored this one.

Perfect companions

6d5af38d1d116e2108804067092bbc49.jpg

Back