Fake Case Tony Bose Tribal Lock?

Is my Tribal Lock fake or not?

• Total voters
Here’s is my bone stag Tribal Lock. Pretty close to perfection execution from Case. I actually can’t find anything to nitpick regarding the fit and finish. They nailed it on mine.

mKD1DPLh.jpg

CypxquEh.jpg

Do you have a picture or a model number in that? I’m definitely interested.

Oh
My
God.

That is one beautiful Tribal Lock, sir! :thumbsup:

Pre dye shot, see what I can do about a post one once the patina gets a grip :D:cool:

rmJ1JWA.jpg

Wow, I'm looking forward to how it evolves!

Just got an email from Case saying my Tribal Lock is covered by their warranty. I'm thinking of sending it back to the US soon. Will keep this thread updated.

-------

Hello XXX,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Warranty/Repair Request form, and for submitting photos of your knife. We are happy to advise that your knife was evaluated and appears it will be covered under the Case Limited Lifetime warranty.

Please use the attached repair form to send your knife to us. Included on the repair form are instructions on how to send the knife, along with your repair reference number. Please fill in all grey areas, and add the form in the package with your knife. If you are unable to print the repair form, please provide all information from the repair form on a note inside the package, along with referencing repair number XXX on the outside as well as the inside of the package.

Upon receipt of your knife and repair form, our repair technicians will physically inspect your knife. Since only seeing the knife in photos; should the evaluation change in any way, we will contact you immediately.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us at XXX.

We will await receipt of your knife.

Note: Please be advised that "repair" may include replacing certain parts if necessary. Should you wish not to have, particular parts on your knife replaced, please make a note of this on the repair form when sending the knife to us.

Kind regards,

XXX

Just an FYI post -- I just picked up a pocket worn whiskey bone tribal lock today and it is about as perfect as you could ask for. Blade is centered, I like the color of and gradation in the bone, and lockup is tight. When closed the lock button is very slightly recessed and when open it is flush. I also bought another Case open top sheath for it. Note to Buzzbait Buzzbait -- I picked up a 2019 Case catalog and they don't show that sheath any more. Could be it's discontinued so if you want one it might be good to order one soon. (When I bought my first one at a big knife store in Tennessee I could only find one in the bin.)

Last edited:
I tried cutting up a big refrigerator carton (as we just moved house) and I initially used my Cold Steel Code4 to cut it open. It was rock-solid. Then I shifted to using my Case Tribal Lock and I felt the blade play side-to-side and up-and-down. Didn't inspire confidence. I will definitely be sending mine back, for sure.

Back