• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

fake Strider Knives

Rule #1:
aliexpress.com do not sell genuine knives(or anything else for that matter).

Rule #2:
Nothing from China is genuine.

Yes, of course those are fakes.

I'm afraid the question is not if those are fakes or not, but rather how good they are.
I have no doubt that China can produce a high quality knife for under $80, but somehow I doubt that this is it.

There seem to be a lot of threads with people asking about that site's sloppily made fakes...

I'm afraid the question is not if those are fakes or not, but rather how good they are.
I have no doubt that China can produce a high quality knife for under $80, but somehow I doubt that this is it.
They can produce quality products when they're not blatantly ripping off designs and trying to pass them off as the real thing.

From no other place in the world did I get my 125mW Green Laser that pops balloons and lights matches. Though even then, I got what I paid for.

Yes, you're right. I understand that this is a fake, in writing, these it is made of D2 and titanium. In the picture it looks too nice. I was interested to hear opinions from people who bought it.

Friends, do not praise or criticize the Chinese products in this theme.

If they can't be trusted to call the knife by its real name (clearly not actually a strider) how can you believe that they would use with D2 or Titanium?

Personally giving money to those louse is about as appealing as shoving a pineapple up my sphincter. These are the companies which undermine quality made knives, even if they make a good product by presenting it as something else they negate that.

Also handled a spyderco knock off from that site last year that used plastic instead of g10, had a pivot that wasn't drilled straight, and a lock that didn't. Maybe the more expensive models are better built, at least they used a real standard for titanium in the description.

Yes, you're right. I understand that this is a fake, in writing, these it is made of D2 and titanium. In the picture it looks too nice. I was interested to hear opinions from people who bought it.

Friends, do not praise or criticize the Chinese products in this theme.

Time for a long overdue smideon of common sense:

The cost of importing raw D2 (from the US), into PRC would cost a TON of money. The subsequent machining, heat treatment, and final production would put a pricetag on that knife at over $800 each maybe even more (+/-). The same would go for Titanium, to acquire, priocess and machine Titanium is not cheap. I won't say most, but a large majority of people that are on these forums that are frequent posters and are somewhat educated about knives know not to buy this crap (yes that is exactly what it is). There are a few members here that love their $8 knives, but that group is very small almost nil in comparison to the ones that support and purchase from legitimate vendors, makers, and manufacturers around the world.

This forum has a strong anti infrigment undertone, which is good. Not many here support companies that blatantyly and purposely create knock offs of existing desings. Some design elements such as a RIl or thumbstuds, etc are inevitable I suppose. Hope this makes some sense, I'm sure it's crystal to most people.

Time for a long overdue smideon of common sense:

The cost of importing raw D2 (from the US), into PRC would cost a TON of money. The subsequent machining, heat treatment, and final production would put a pricetag on that knife at over $800 each maybe even more (+/-). The same would go for Titanium, to acquire, priocess and machine Titanium is not cheap. I won't say most, but a large majority of people that are on these forums that are frequent posters and are somewhat educated about knives know not to buy this crap (yes that is exactly what it is). There are a few members here that love their $8 knives, but that group is very small almost nil in comparison to the ones that support and purchase from legitimate vendors, makers, and manufacturers around the world.

This forum has a strong anti infrigment undertone, which is good. Not many here support companies that blatantyly and purposely create knock offs of existing desings. Some design elements such as a RIl or thumbstuds, etc are inevitable I suppose. Hope this makes some sense, I'm sure it's crystal to most people.

Friends, I completely agree with you, and always try to buy the original knives. I really like knives, which makes the strider, but unfortunately so far I have not enough money to buy them. Seeing this site, I was hoping that my dream will come true. Unfortunately, I often believe sellers ....

Friends, I completely agree with you, and always try to buy the original knives. I really like knives, which makes the strider, but unfortunately so far I have not enough money to buy them. Seeing this site, I was hoping that my dream will come true. Unfortunately, I often believe sellers ....

You can usually find a variety of knives in the Exchange here for a much better price, if you do not mind a "gently used" knife. This seems to be a good way to buy a knife without depleting your bank account. ;)

There are also the entirely legitimate collaborations, the Buck Striders, matching different Strider originals.

I think people should atleast hold the knife before they judge the durability and quality of this fake knife. Check out this video on torture test:

[video=youtube;DdmQICxncCk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdmQICxncCk[/video]

I want one now just to throw around and abuse. I love strider knives and I think they are of the best and most durable product out there but this knock off went beyond the level of expectation. Good materials for sure.

Ok, I've watched that vid a few times now. I'm a little impressed, but my opinion hasn't changed, they need to produce their own designs, using styling ques from others is fine and dandy but blatant forgery is simply wrong. That does appear to be a well HT'd blade or someone was very creative with representing it as one at least.

Back