Fake Yarborough

WCC

Given the etching as appose to the stamping as well as the presence of the CR and Harsey stamp associated with the Green Beret, this one looks fake - still looks like a real civilian Green Beret. Any thoughts?

(Link removed- please don't link to live Ebay auctions)

Given the etching as appose to the stamping as well as the presence of the CR and Harsey stamp associated with the Green Beret, this one looks fake - still looks like a real civilian Green Beret. Any thoughts?

(Link removed- please don't link to live Ebay auctions)

We can't link to live ebay auctions here, so I removed it. It's pretty easy to spot if you search.

Of note, the Yarborough that you are talking about was determined to be a fake. Discussed at length on FB by Tim Reeve and Bill Harsey..
Some other interesting facts- The special forces knives of this type that are real and only sold or given to military personnel cannot be bought or sold. Others will add to this I am sure as I have limited time to go into it further at this time.

We can't link to live ebay auctions here, so I removed it. It's pretty easy to spot if you search.

Of note, the Yarborough that you are talking about was determined to be a fake. Discussed at length on FB by Tim Reeve and Bill Harsey..
Some other interesting facts- The special forces knives of this type that are real and only sold or given to military personnel cannot be bought or sold. Others will add to this I am sure as I have limited time to go into it further at this time.

Appologies for the eBay link.

gl3hOVK.jpg

Thought it was a fake and thanks for the reply.

So did they just take a standard model Harsey knife and laser etch that logo on it?

On the fake..yes

And on the real one, is the Yarborough actually different in some way than the standard civilian model? I'd be really impressed and jealous (for not being able to own one) if it's a unique knife, with different blade length or shape or something. Impressed because there's so few soldiers who pass SF school that CRK would be retooling to make small runs of an effectively custom knife.

And on the real one, is the Yarborough actually different in some way than the standard civilian model? I'd be really impressed and jealous (for not being able to own one) if it's a unique knife, with different blade length or shape or something. Impressed because there's so few soldiers who pass SF school that CRK would be retooling to make small runs of an effectively custom knife.

Not sure of all the differences, but there is typically a number engraved on them..A class number or something like that. See them so infrequently that I don't really remember too many of the details.
From some of the conversations on FB that Bill Harsey had when a few came up for sale in the last few months.
The knife cannot be sold. If it leaves the person issued to, it reverts back to property of the US Gov. Very basic gist of the posts.

The actual issued knife has YARBOUROUGH followed by a serial number that is registered with the SF Regiment and the JFK Special Warfare Museum.

Back