Fall into Fun GAW (Winner: ED)

I've got the itch too and will be heading up the Sierras for some fishing and nature's goodness in a few days...Velma Lakes in Desolation Wilderness I think this time around and I'll definitely try to get some photos :)
Nothing like the Sierras in the Fall. Please post pictures when you get out there.

Dude you have been through the ringer. I know about mobility issues and they suck but good on you my friend for working hard to get past your health issues.

Since I have not only won GAW's recently but have been gifted knives if my post wins I would like the knife to go to @meako and I will be happy to pay for the shipping for my friend. I'm in for Meako.

I love fall and since I can't hike any more I love to just ride around and look at the beauty of fall

ewLHJuG.jpg

988WhVD.jpg

fjOOQXn.jpg

KVbkQDP.jpg
Very nice of you and thanks for adding beautiful Fall content. My wife and I love to take drives in the country and look at the changing colors. Oh ya, I'm not sure what's scarier, that jack-o-lantern tray or the gnarly stag on that knife?

Very nice of you and thanks for adding beautiful Fall content. My wife and I love to take drives in the country and look at the changing colors. Oh ya, I'm not sure what's scarier, that jack-o-lantern tray or the gnarly stag on that knife?

Thanks John that's a Camillus TL-29 that @glennbad modded for me he removed the screwdriver blade and turned it into a single blade liner lock.

Awesome gaw I’m in here’s my fall passion
S9zOwvH.jpg
Mmmmm... MEAT!
I haven't hunted in years. I sorta miss it but sorta don't. I miss walking through the woods and the thrill of the hunt. What I don't miss is all the city folk with their beer and gus and trucks. Those things don't make for a great combination without the common sense mixed in. These days I chase Fall Browns and Half Pounders with my fly rod.

Sorry to clutter up your thread John but just have to say gonebad395 gonebad395 that looks like some tasty meals coming your way Keith. :D:D
Clutter it up all you want, it's all fun.

Unfortunately, we are celebrating the first day of Fall by painting the house. Yesterday we painted the pole barn.

Remington 760 isn't it? I have a couple of them both in .30-06 one scoped one unscoped . Unfortunately, I didn't draw a der tag this year.

Ed, indeed it is.
My brother and I dreamt of finding a couple 760s in 243. Winchester and using them to put a hurting on the deer populations. We would become famous with those rifles, but alas it hasn’t happened yet.
F7A10663-479E-4187-AE4D-459B236C45A1.jpeg

There are few pleasures I enjoy more in this world than the bitter nip of the autumn air and the warmth of a steaming thermos full of coffee. Sitting patiently over a field, or wooded ravine passing the time by testing the edge and working the stag smooth on my hunting knife.

There are few pleasures I enjoy more in this world than the bitter nip of the autumn air and the warmth of a steaming thermos full of coffee. Sitting patiently over a field, or wooded ravine passing the time by testing the edge and working the stag smooth on my hunting knife.
Poetry

I'm in, that's a treasure for sure:D

Fall brings the Rennaisance Faire here in NorCal, which is where I met my wife 18 years ago :) Coincidentally, I just came across this picture from 2000 when we first started dating...going to use the faces in the locket I got her for our anniversary next week.

Screenshot_20180918-1910212.png

~Chip
Yup, fall and the Faire is still my favorite time of year (and yes, those are the same pants :p)

download_20180925_145420.jpg

~Chip

I'm in...My favorite fall activity is a trip I take in October to my college roommate's truck farm in St. Pierre IN. I drive ~400 miles across the great US farm land during harvest. The time at the farm digging potatoes, eating, drinking, pressing cider and walking along country roads and his farm with my dog are fun and relaxing. Been doing it for close to 30 years now. Sometimes I even stop at GPKnives :)

Nothing like the Sierras in the Fall. Please post pictures when you get out there.

I tried to capture Fall in the Sierras on my trip yesterday but it is kinda hard because the changes are fairly subtle up at higher elevations and everything is always so green around there :) Anyway, wanted to share in your Fall GAW thread :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going up!
Emerald_Bay_01.jpg

Some Fall in the Sierras foliage.
Desolation_Wilderness.jpg

It was 80+ degrees yesterday at Emerald Bay so doesn't feel like the Fall that most are used to...but who am I to complain? :)
Emerald_Bay_08.jpg

Yup, fall and the Faire is still my favorite time of year (and yes, those are the same pants :p)

View attachment 992385

~Chip
Those Faires are a lot of fun. I need to look up when the one in Folsom is being held.

Awesome thread JohnDF! I love the pics! keep em coming boys and happy hunting and fishing
Thanks Night Rider.

I'm in...My favorite fall activity is a trip I take in October to my college roommate's truck farm in St. Pierre IN. I drive ~400 miles across the great US farm land during harvest. The time at the farm digging potatoes, eating, drinking, pressing cider and walking along country roads and his farm with my dog are fun and relaxing. Been doing it for close to 30 years now. Sometimes I even stop at GPKnives :)
Sounds like a great tradition.

I tried to capture Fall in the Sierras on my trip yesterday but it is kinda hard because the changes are fairly subtle up at higher elevations and everything is always so green around there :) Anyway, wanted to share in your Fall GAW thread :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going up!
View attachment 993315

Some Fall in the Sierras foliage.
View attachment 993314

It was 80+ degrees yesterday at Emerald Bay so doesn't feel like the Fall that most are used to...but who am I to complain? :)
View attachment 993316
Great pictures.

I love Fall around the Eagle Lakes area where the Fordyce Jeep trail is. They have a lot of Fall colors up that way on Hwy 80. I'm going to have to take a drive up there and snap a few pictures for you all and maybe catch a few trout while I'm there. We have also scheduled a trip to Apple Hill just above Placerville. It's a whole hillside and valley covered in apple orchards and small farms. They have craft fairs, bakeries, pumpkin patches, fresh baked apple pie and apple donuts. Yummy!!! It's one of our favorite Fall traditions.

Those Faires are a lot of fun. I need to look up when the one in Folsom is being held.

It was last weekend :( The Northern California Rennaisance Faire at Casa de Fruita is running the next four weekends. I'll be there all this weekend and the last weekend :). If any of you guys want to go I can probably get discount tickets for you on the weekends I'll be there ;)

~Chip

Back