Fall Trackrock Hammer-in #33

Not all great knives are hammered from steel!

attachment.php

Fall Trackrock Benefit Knife
Handcrafted and donated by my good friend and exceptional flint knapper Benjie Cronic.
The 6” blade is knapped from India Bloodstone with an antler handle and comes with display stand shown.
It will be on display during the Hammer-in.
We raffle off a custom hand made knife at each event. Proceeds go to Scottish Rite Childrens’ Hospital in Atlanta, GA
Tickets are $10.00 – you do not have to be present to win (but you really need to see this in person, it’s a beauty!)

#33 Trackrock Hammer-in Fall 2017
Date:
Weekend of Sept 29th & 30th
Directions: WWW.TRACKROCK.COM 706-745-2420
Best News: Open to all & no admission fees!
Activities:
Bladesmithing, Hawk forging, Leather Crafting, Anything Knife Related
Who: Anyone interested in knives, knife making, hawks, leather work, collecting, trading, etc. Watch, meet and talk talented bladesmiths, master leather craftsmen, collectors, etc.
See old discarded steel, scrap metal, wood and bone transformed into functional works of art.
General: Craftsmen from several states, finished knives on display, collections on display, etc.
This is a Family oriented event so:
Behave! No unsafe or reckless behavior will be tolerated.
Additional: “Iron in the Hat” event Saturday to help fund event. Please bring usable item for this event. A chance to pick up valuable plunder - knifemaking materials, parts and pieces. Strictly voluntary, participation encouraged.
Charity Knife Raffle: Custom knife will be on display during the event and drawing will be Saturday pm. Proceeds go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or Scottish Rite (here in Atlanta)
Accommodations:
Full hook-up & primitive camping available (check web site), Trackrock is an excellent campground and very well maintained. Several motels near: Blairsville and Young Harris.

Catered BBQ plate on site Saturday lunch – Pricing subject to caterer’s expenses.

Please contact me if you wish to participate, or need any further information.
Carl Rechsteiner

ps - Allen and others, please feel free to post this elsewhere if you like.

I've already starting packing. We going to get that ol' friend of ours to come up from Florida?
He says he's coming (but he gave me the wrong new phone # first time around and he's too far away for a good butt kickin'). Guess we'll know when we see him.

Allen's head is big enough don't need no stinking apple.......

He said he was because I asked him and he said he'd make me a sheath while there.

Plan is to be there for sure. Will bring leather for Brian and phone number for Carl. Tony, gonna ride the new bike?

Plan is to be there for sure. Will bring leather for Brian and phone number for Carl. Tony, gonna ride the new bike?

Well considering I don't have the money or time to rebuild that transmission in the Bronco right now it means I bring the old Ford and hope it'll go into gear, ride the motorcycle but bring none of the comforts this old man needs now, or bring the big Ford pickup and have it all. I doubt I'll bring the bike! It'll probably be between the two Fords.

Carl, is it appropriate for me to copy and post this on my Instagram account?

Tony

With the exception of catered BBQ Saturday lunch, what is the food situation on site? Looks like an Ingles in Blairsville.

Getting excited. ndmiller ndmiller there is no food to buy on the site. I'll be cooking something simple like chilli or something. Big Deal Bob and I are going to make Adam do the cooking.

I'm almost ready. I spent the weekend working on the new "tin tent". It's not 100% complete but it's ready for it's first trip.

Camp site #48 in Area 51

With the exception of catered BBQ Saturday lunch, what is the food situation on site? Looks like an Ingles in Blairsville.
Noah, when are you coming in? I should be up by mid morning on Friday and will be stopping at the Ingles either before getting in or after setting up camp, so feel free to coordinate with me. Best bet is to get some random food to throw in the mix for the weekend and plenty of cold beer and bourbon to wash it down.

Getting excited. ndmiller ndmiller there is no food to buy on the site. I'll be cooking something simple like chilli or something. Big Deal Bob and I are going to make Adam do the cooking.

We should make Adam do all of the driving and the beer fetching as well.

And Justin is the master of cooking biscuits and fried chicken. I live for that.

I officially started packing yesterday. I've even convinced my 19 year old to drive down from Boone. I schedule my entire year around this event.

Yeah, better bring your food supplies with you. You're not gonna want to leave once you get there......

Back