• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fanaticedge on IG

`br4dz-

Gold Member
Anyone else have horrible communication from Fanaticedge on IG?

I first messaged him around bladeshow 2019 about a Chaves Ultramar redencion that was anodized, and after 1 comment his communication fell flat. I figured okay, busy time being at blade, I fell through the cracks, no biggy.

Time #2 I emailed him about anodizing a Chaves 229, figuring that it would be less likely to fall through the cracks than the first attempt. I had seen previous work of his on 229's with this absolutely stunning deep blue, and wanted to know if he had any 229's left and if not how much it would cost once I received mine to send it to him. I got no response at all.

#3, he made a post about some Berg Blade SLiM's he had for sale, I made asked a question on his post no less than 20 mins after he posted it, no response. I figured I'd send him a DM saying I'd like to purchase a specific one, and it has now been 2 or 3 days and he never responded.

I'm not sure if I have extremely bad luck with this guy, or what.

Last edited:
If there is one thing I've learned from perusing the GBU here, it would be that there are brilliant craftsmen who are abysmal at business. Some of the IG guys are the worst...

Communication isn't hard.

I recently sought out a number of notable sword makers in regards to a sword I wanted made. One maker, after a week or so, finally got back to me and proceeded to tell me that he would be happy to tack me onto his 10 year backlog. He should have closed his books 10 years ago...

Needless to say, I found a different sword maker who was highly communicative and was able to complete my commission within a few months time.

My point being: Find yourself a good craftsman who is forthcoming and communicative, you won't be sorry.

If there is one thing I've learned from perusing the GBU here, it would be that there are brilliant craftsmen who are abysmal at business. Some of the IG guys are the worst...

Communication isn't hard.

I recently sought out a number of notable sword makers in regards to a sword I wanted made. One maker, after a week or so, finally got back to me and proceeded to tell me that he would be happy to tack me onto his 10 year backlog. He should have closed his books 10 years ago...

Needless to say, I found a different sword maker who was highly communicative and was able to complete my commission within a few months time.

My point being: Find yourself a good craftsman who is forthcoming and communicative, you won't be sorry.
Is the man making one sword a year? Jesus. Glad you found someone worth your time.

My koenig arius was done by Fanatic Edge, but that was done by the previous owner so fortunately i didnt have to deal with the guy directly. His modifications are nice though.

Back