Fancier's Sales Updates

20cv yes :)
Unfortunately they only offered micarta for factory seconds. I couldnt resist any longer and figured id get g10 scales in the future when they stock them.
Plus I have a 6 on order with G10 and D3V that will balance the 20cc micarta :p

Ha! That is too funny. You might feel lopsided until you get your 6 though :D

Somebody please make me feel better about this.
I already have a 4.1 F2 in D3V
But I really needed a backup in 20CV, right?
Right??!!

Yes, good pick up. A spare in a different steel can't be a bad thing. I would've snatched one but it kept saying they didn't have hardware for them.

I see it appears they are now available. Bad timing. I'd love to snatch one up but Im involved inthe CPK EDC2 preorder!!!

'where do they hide those 2.7's...in any condition? I have a couple of 3.5's but really been looking for
something a bit shorter so I can carry it cross-draw on my belt.

'where do they hide those 2.7's...in any condition? I have a couple of 3.5's but really been looking for
something a bit shorter so I can carry it cross-draw on my belt.
The 2.7 is nearing the end of the production run. I haven't seen Survive listing very many lately.
They generally sell the excess stock once they've filled all the orders, but if you want one you'll probably have to monitor their website pretty closely.
When Survive adds new stock it is generally early on Wednesdays.
If you see a 2.7 offered on the exchange you should consider picking it up because it will probably take some luck to get one from Survive.

The 2.7 is nearing the end of the production run. I haven't seen Survive listing very many lately.
They generally sell the excess stock once they've filled all the orders, but if you want one you'll probably have to monitor their website pretty closely.
When Survive adds new stock it is generally early on Wednesdays.
If you see a 2.7 offered on the exchange you should consider picking it up because it will probably take some luck to get one from Survive.

Thanx for helpful advice. I will keep looking. Appreciate your hints.
don

GSO 3.5 preorders and 3V 4.1 2nd are available.

Do you think the 4.1 20CV F2s are gone because there were fewer of them or because more people are jumping on that steel?

Also surprised that the 3.5 preorder is still open. They must be making a lot of them. Given the overall increase in the size of the models, I expect the new spec version to be (one of) the most versatile and popular in the lineup - either as a primary fixed blade for hunters/hikers or to pair up with one of the larger models. I, for one, can hardly wait to see the final product. Love my 4.1, but the 3.5 looks like it will hit the sweet spot and will probably see more use.

Somebody please make me feel better about this.
I already have a 4.1 F2 in D3V
But I really needed a backup in 20CV, right?
Right??!!

You did. So did I! I ended up getting an Ugly Betty, and a F2 20CV 4.1 on top of my first F2 3V 4.1. It will be nice to have that extra corrosion resistance on certain days! :)

Do you think the 4.1 20CV F2s are gone because there were fewer of them or because more people are jumping on that steel?

Also surprised that the 3.5 preorder is still open. They must be making a lot of them. Given the overall increase in the size of the models, I expect the new spec version to be (one of) the most versatile and popular in the lineup - either as a primary fixed blade for hunters/hikers or to pair up with one of the larger models. I, for one, can hardly wait to see the final product. Love my 4.1, but the 3.5 looks like it will hit the sweet spot and will probably see more use.
That is a good question. My best guess (which sometimes isn't actually very good) is that they cut a whole lot more blanks in 3V and as a result have more seconds.
I think that the 3V 3.5 preorder is still open because they haven't sent any of the materials out for assembly for the SK line. They will get to cherry pick the best stock for the GSO model and send the rest out to make SK knives. With the blanks still at grinding I think that they can adjust the number of the GSO knives that they commit to making and keep the preorders open.
I've been looking forward to the 3.5 since they released the new specifications. The 4.1 is just a bit too big for my typical needs.

Back