Fancier's Sales Updates

The GSO and SK preorders are still open but there aren't any seconds available.

It has been a while since I updated this post.
Preorders can be placed for: GSO 3.5, 6, and 12.
Preorders can be placed for: SK 6 and 12.

I hope you want to order a GSO 3.5 because that is all that I see as available. ;)
Most of the pre-orders are now closed.

New to survive knives, ordered a 7/7 factory 2nd on mid march for my birthday. Still haven't received it I thought the 2nd's would be delivered in 90 days should I call them guys or no need to worry?

New to survive knives, ordered a 7/7 factory 2nd on mid march for my birthday. Still haven't received it I thought the 2nd's would be delivered in 90 days should I call them guys or no need to worry?
I would say that you should do whatever makes you feel most comfortable about your order with Survive. You can read through here and find lots of opinions from both fanboys and haters as to what to do in your situation, but ultimately how anxious you get about delivery is up to you.
Some would say forget about ever receiving the knife and be pleasantly surprised when you get a shipping notification.
Others would say call right away for reassurance and a more personalized timeframe than the Friday production update.
Still more would say that calling won't do anything because you will just get excuses and any shipping date you are quoted won't be met, so you should puke rage all over the internet until it arrives.
I'm not an authority on the subject. I haven't ordered any S!K blades since before there was a new spec but I have yet to read about anyone who paid and didn't recieve a knife, or requested a refund and didn't recieve their money back, eventually. Just expect that whichever route you take, it will almost certainly be a long wait. Setting your shipping expectations low allows you to set your material expectations that much higher, and I honestly believe that is where Survive exceeds! "Price, speed, quality: pick two"
People have been waiting for years for starter blades so if it is any reassurance, your order should be a significantly shorter wait time than theirs?
I hope my opinion and perspective is helpful and that your 7/7 makes it to your hands soon!

Last edited:
I would say that you should do whatever makes you feel most comfortable about your order with Survive. You can read through here and find lots of opinions from both fanboys and haters as to what to do in your situation, but ultimately how anxious you get about delivery is up to you.
Some would say forget about ever receiving the knife and be pleasantly surprised when you get a shipping notification.
Others would say call right away for reassurance and a more personalized timeframe than the Friday production update.
Still more would say that calling won't do anything because you will just get excuses and any shipping date you are quoted won't be met, so you should puke rage all over the internet until it arrives.
I'm not an authority on the subject. I haven't ordered any S!K blades since before there was a new spec but I have yet to read about anyone who paid and didn't recieve a knife, or requested a refund and didn't recieve their money back, eventually. Just expect that whichever route you take, it will almost certainly be a long wait. Setting your shipping expectations low allows you to set your material expectations that much higher, and I honestly believe that is where Survive exceeds! "Price, speed, quality: pick two"
People have been waiting for years for starter blades so if it is any reassurance, your order should be a significantly shorter wait time than theirs?
I hope my opinion and perspective is helpful and that your 7/7 makes it to your hands soon!
I feel that you should not be charged until the goods that you purchased are enroute to you.I have recommended Survive knives to several of my friends and thier credit card was charged over a year ago for the full value of the goods purchased, yet no knife has been shipped for over a year. I don't feel that this is a good business practice.

They are behind on orders, which is not at all unusual for S!K :p
If it makes you feel better, you can call, but they update their Instagram feed regularly with info about where they stand in getting things out the door, and they just sent out their latest production update today.
The gist (jist?) of the update is that the few 2.7 order-holders without their knife are soon to be satisfied at long last (some of those folks have been waiting a really long time on knives that were originally estimated to be... I honestly forget when they first estimated completion on those, but delays cropped up and dragged down the process, which allows everything down). Also of note, the GSO 4LE is done at HT so will soon get some surface work done. And most relevant to you, the 2nds are shipping out in big batches. I have a 4.1 second on order that is well over-due, but I am hopeful of that shipping notice sometime this month :thumbsup: Survive! struggles a lot, but they do get the job done and exceedingly well in the end. I remain a fan, but I have certainly learned to be a patient one ;)

Thanks for all the replies guys, I am a patient fellow, just new to the way survive knives does it. Guess I know now

I feel that you should not be charged until the goods that you purchased are enroute to you.I have recommended Survive knives to several of my friends and thier credit card was charged over a year ago for the full value of the goods purchased, yet no knife has been shipped for over a year. I don't feel that this is a good business practice.

That's been an ongoing discussion for a few years now. I also recommended S!K to a few friends and one went a little wild by ordering probably at least a dozen S!Ks. Ranging from Pre-orders from a few years ago to Factory 2nds. At least from my personal experience there's about a 20% we receive our orders within the stated time frame. 80% of the time it ranges between 4-8 months on Factory 2nds. Why they state ships within 90 days, but in reality it takes at least 6 months most of the time is still interesting to me. Personally, I think they should state 6 months and if they deliver before then the customer is happy because they are expecting the wait. When they actually start catching up and we're seeing those time frames reduce than they can start lowering the expected delivery times.

I still like S!K and continue to buy from them on occassion, but I also buy on the secondary market as well. They make excellent blades and are reasonably priced for the quality we get. We unfortunately just have to expect that our knives will ship when they do. If we don't like how they are doing business than we take our money elsewhere. At least for me S!K and CPK are some of my favorite makers. CPK has a better model IMO because they release X amount of knives that are ready to ship in 2 weeks. The downside is they literally sell out in seconds. S!K you will eventually get your knife that you ordered, but you may wait much longer than expected. Where CPK you may never be fast enough to buy one direct. We can get either of them off the secondary, but you will more than likely pay more due to supply and demand.

@SURVIVE! Ellie Hey Ellie, could you give us some insight - even if it's rough, as to when 4.7's could be available again?
It was mentioned in an email that they'd be making a return.
Thanks!

All orders for new spec knives from Survive were placed after March of 2015.
Yes, they are way behind on shipping the goods but we don't need to exaggerate how long our orders have been open, do we?
Would you really believe any production estimate made when the entire lineup has to go through production before the 4.7 is offered again?

All orders for new spec knives from Survive were placed after March of 2015.
Yes, they are way behind on shipping the goods but we don't need to exaggerate how long our orders have been open, do we?
Would you really believe any production estimate made when the entire lineup has to go through production before the 4.7 is offered again?
Way behind!

Back