Fancy Scales Thread. A CPK picture show

:thumbsup: Great thread Renato. Love the DIW EDC2’s, and Martin’s D2 Skinner is fantastic! Here’s a few I’ve posted before.

:)My grail, Nathan’s personal double edged UF in 3V and Cocobolo
aNyMm55.jpg

UF in ElMax with Desert Ironwood
G7aec9q.jpg

EDC2 in Dessert Ironwood and EDC in African Blackwood
6eSMGw4.jpg

Had to get a close up :thumbsup::D
gt8AU6E.jpg

Gus I was hoping bits from your collection would make it in here, some of my absolute favorites. Great photos of some tremendous specimens. As always thanks for sharing.

Two occasions to post this today ... not made by Nathan so it won't remind him it's a pain to do the wood ... an EDC2 with beautiful Koa scales ... made by TrfromMt and leather sheath made by Grogimus ...

View attachment 1031003

Two very talented people and great contributors to the forum. Never tire of seeing that Koa. Isn't there a field knife floating around with similar handles?

Man that makes me want Koa on my HDFK!!! ... But for my uses of it I would probably be better off staying with the grippy Micarta ... but it's hard to not give in when you see how beautiful the Koa is everytime.

Thanks. Yes, the pretty wood scales are nice, but on a larger blade for hard use it is very hard to beat the more modern materials. They make sense on a smaller blade, but they are sure fun to look at even on a larger blade. I've made them for my own larger fixers, and I still take them off when I have real work to be done...

Gus those are truly grails, how did you manage to get your hands on those?

Thanks Martin, sorry I wasn’t able to respond earlier, I’m at work. I lucked out when I snagged Nathan’s personal UF on the exchange awhile back. I got the ElMax UF from Justin Fournier, and the Ironwood scales from Jo. I got the African Blackwood EDC from Jarrett (Panthera tigris). Nathan and Jo where really nice letting me get the DIW EDC after a mix up we had during a recent Fun Friday sale when Eric (Choppaman) was proxying for me.

:thumbsup: Hey it's all good Adam, they're super grippy when you leave them rough. I was going to leave mine that way for the outstanding non slip grip, but I couldn’t resist polishing them off. I use to hang out in the Fiddleback forum alot. :D

Last edited:
Back