Fancy Scales Thread. A CPK picture show

Surprised and it was awesome! (in regards to the UF Pre-Order) Every other time I've gotten tracking. Someone intercom-ed me at work stating a package had arrived for me. Thought maybe my wife had sent something here cus I haven't ordered anything recently. I do that so packages are never left sitting outside my front door. And bam behold the white box. Made my day to say the least.

The Osage Orange and Buckeye Burl wood on recent custom UF’s are both stunning. Now I’m seriously thinking about adding another preorder FK2 with the popsicle sticks or crummy old hammer handle wood. Dang it.

Too late now actually. I spent too much time mulling it over as well... I'm sure I'll eventually regret my decision. Ha!

Too late now actually. I spent too much time mulling it over as well... I'm sure I'll eventually regret my decision. Ha!

Don't quote me on this, but unless NinJo has invoiced you already, you may be able to add to or modify an existing order, but if the order has already been booked you may be SOL. Best to check with Jo on Monday :)

I believe I should be showing a few interesting pieces about this time next week........

Well, at least one or two, maybe another one or two others as well, kinda hard to say at this point, so stay tuned........

Then again, maybe not, only XXx knows for sure:D

Last edited:
Don't quote me on this, but unless NinJo has invoiced you already, you may be able to add to or modify an existing order, but if the order has already been booked you may be SOL. Best to check with Jo on Monday :)

I'm certain you are correct about modifying the order before contact is made. However like the dope that I am I didn't jump in at all in time (my own fault I had a week and procrastinated) :oops: Tigerden should be able to tho.:cool:

Last edited:
Well I was invoiced and already paid for my preorder. So I am not going to bother Jo to no avail. I should have realized Nathan runs these for one week and poof its in the books and on to something else. At any rate, I will be more than happy with my preorder knife (ECAM acid wash with swedge) next summer when the knife arrives. I am sure it will be an awesome knife.

Last edited:
Well I was invoiced and already paid for my preorder. So I am not going to bother Jo to no avail. I should have realized Nathan runs these for one week and poof its in the books and on to something else. At any rate, I will be more than happy with my preorder knife (ECAM acid wash with swedge) next summer when the knife arrives. I am sure it will be an awesome knife.

Adam, if you are really kicking yourself you ought to send Jo a message. As we all know Jo is extremely kind (don't listen to Nathan's clever-arse quips) to us CPK'ers; ask nicely which I'm sure that you will, and Jo will take care of you :) Plus, Nathan would probably luv selling a few more of this pattern to the regulars ;)

I
Adam, if you are really kicking yourself you ought to send Jo a message. As we all know Jo is extremely kind (don't listen to Nathan's clever-arse quips) to us CPK'ers; ask nicely which I'm sure that you will, and Jo will take care of you :) Plus, Nathan would probably luv selling a few more of this pattern to the regulars ;)
I will give it a shot. Crossing fingers . Wish me luck.

Back to the topic on hand. Variations in AECM are always fun to see. Makes them unique to the next pair. Would love to find a set in standard cut for either the edc or fk.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190223143558261_COVER-1008x756.jpg
PhotoPictureResizer_191019_142348831-3024x2268.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190223143732852_COVER-1008x756.jpg
Ages well with use too. This D2 is no effin joke!

Back to the topic on hand. Variations in AECM are always fun to see. Makes them unique to the next pair. Would love to find a set in standard cut for either the edc or fk.
View attachment 1216015
View attachment 1216016
View attachment 1216022
Ages well with use too. This D2 is no effin joke!

D2 (good cross rolled electroslag remelt D2) is absolutely fantastic in stuff like that. Cheap D2 and poor HT have blemished its reputation but some American made D2 at a high hardness and with an optimized HT is such fantastic stuff. So many people are missing out on this.

untytled untytled the AECM EDC in D2 is off the charts. I had my EDC2 outside today doing yardwork. My picture is awful by comparison. Is there any special care that should be used on knives in D2? I have quite a few from other makers and know that corrosion resistance can be a concern.
CPK EDC2 .jpg

Last edited:
Back