Is this what you want?
sc-wk2000.jpg

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Marion -- Mike's pic above made a convert out of me ... count me in!

BF WK2?

------------------
remember, we all have a point!

Heck, I was wondering what happened to this thread...

Cool pic. And Poffy gets his toy.
smile.gif

Hey Kodiak, the voices in my head say that they aim to please.
smile.gif

Hmmm. I think Spyderco needs to get the marketing crew from Old Navy to do some commercials for this knife. Normally I tend to twitch and search for the remote when an Old Navy commericial comes on, but I think those dorky jingles would be a hoot selling the W2K.

get Danelle out there with a big-rimmed pair of glasses...Poffy on a ski lift singing "Worker 2k" (a la 'Performance Fleece')...Sal Glesser and the entire Spyderco engineering and design crew doing a step-dance routine and cutting up boxes with their knives. Oh yeah.

Mike

PS Oh god. Now I'm gonna have Old Navy jingles running through my head for the whole day...

------------------
Hey! Uncle Sam!

(_!_) Nyah nyah nyah!

Refund! You lose! :)

Thanks a lot Coronach now I have that damm jingle in my head
wink.gif
! Now I have to go out in the shop and listen to the soothing sounds of machines pounding for lunch to try to get it out of my head.

Thanks,
Tom

OK after seeing the picture I am starting to think that this idea of MDP's is a darn good one! I've been amused by the whole idea, but now I know I would buy one. Sorry for the begging Sal we don't want you to stop coming around, but that would be a nice edition to the zytel line. Then there is the whole SKU problem..... Looks like a nice design though. Just my .02!

Sal, Cool, Who Eric? and what is his contact info?

Mike, that is exactly what I am looking for, most excellent.

All else, I am just the messenger, the voices talk to me, I talk to you, the job gets done, what else is there?

MDP

Glad you like the pic. You gotta love Adobe Photoshop 5! You outta see what I did to President Clinton
smile.gif

I just want a smaller Military.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

Marion David Poff~

Eric's last name is Glesser, I think he has some pretty good contacts here.

Send an email to me, and I will see that he gets it.

Danelle
custsvc@spyderco.com

MDPoff - I just tuned in. What steel does the Worker 2000 have?
wink.gif
Will it be available in the comboedge?
wink.gif
If not, I'll just take the plain edge.
smile.gif
And I presume it'll come out in a mini-version: the "Hired Hand", perhaps?
wink.gif

------------------
Cutting through all the muck,
we get to what's really important.

John 3:3-7

God Bless You!

And the converts continue to mass outside of the Spyderco plant...
wink.gif

Mike

------------------
Hey! Uncle Sam!

(_!_) Nyah nyah nyah!

Refund! You lose! :)

HHHHhhhhhhhhMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm

I wonder why this thread keeps re-appearing.......

------------------
Check out the future possible Spyderco Worker 2000 www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum20/HTML/000224.html

One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper. Sorry about the wait, my review and interview should be online shortly, luckily Spark has graciously offered to do the pictures, look for it right here at BladeForums.com.

Marion David Poff ska Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

"A journey of a thousand miles begins but with a single step" Lao-Tzu

I've been wondering that myself. I've been trying to kill it for several weeks now, but it just won't go away. And I can scarcely believe that it actually seems to be working. Maybe I can come up with a silly idea and get it made too. Let's see...

I want a Calypso Jr. with a narrower blade a la Jess Horn and a slightly straighter handle a la Frank Centofante. And please grind off the sharp spine so it won't hurt my thumb when I cut thick lumps of beeswax.

Thanks Sal.

David Rock

[This message has been edited by David Rock (edited 12 May 1999).]

This thread has to have been one of the most pleasurable to instigate.

The wind through the trees in my front yard. Low but strong "Worker 2000"

Maybe it is an omen...

------------------
Marion David Poff aka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

I wrote a review of the Kasper AFCK variant, an interview of Bob Kasper, and some thoughts and brainstorms of the AFCK in general. It can be found at http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000568.html . Check it out and tell me what you think.

"I'm just an advertisement for a version of myself." David Byrne

"It's the action, not the fruit of the action that's important. You have to do the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing there will be no result." Gandhi

Did you know this thread is 29 paper pages long.

WOW.

------------------
Marion David Poff aka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

I wrote a review of the Kasper AFCK variant, an interview of Bob Kasper, and some thoughts and brainstorms of the AFCK in general. It can be found at http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000568.html . Check it out and tell me what you think.

"I'm just an advertisement for a version of myself." David Byrne

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tsu

Nice knife. Too bad it's made by Spyderco. If you want a knife to use; buy from a company who views CS/warranty/repairs for what they are - customer relations. Spyderco's warranty policy is like begging, pleading and root canal.

Nimrod,
Your post is extremely confusing. I started to not even justify it with a reply, but I have a couple minutes to spare.

1. Why would you post that response on this thread?
2. Why would you come to a forum and use your first or second post to trash the people that run that forum?
3. Have you ever used Spyderco's customer service?
4. Do you have any constructive comments? Anything specific about why you don't like Spyderco's customer service?

If you have something to say, or add, such as constructive criticism, let's hear it. If not, you come across as a troll. Why? Because at least 50% or your 2 current posts are negative.
mad.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif

"The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" would be a much better place for your type of post anyway.

[This message has been edited by Paul Davidson (edited 03-19-2000).]

it's prolly MDP in disguise, trying to work up some more talk about the Worker 2000. You know, any publicity is good publicity
smile.gif

What's the penalty for troll impersonation?

Of course if it's not MDP, then this guy is a big stupidhead with a big butt who smells like a butt (my little cousin has an interesting method of insulting people that I've picked up)
wink.gif

LOL!!!!!
smile.gif
That's funny, Tom!
smile.gif

Well, I guess Nimrod is one unhappy guy. Seems like all his posts are negatively directed against Spyderco... sounds like a one-man crusade against this company, which I really can't understand why.

More of those type of posts elsewhere, too!
frown.gif

Dan

Nimrod also lost his posting privilages.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
Show Your Support -Visit Our Sponsors - Click On The Banners!
Visit www.onestopknifeshop.com
All sales from 1 Stop Knife Shop help support this site!

Back