Far Side

Many years ago when I had a screen saver on my computer, I would type in the punch lines from FarSide panels. It was really amazing how people could recall the panel just by reading the punch line.

Nature's way of saying do not touch.

Midvale School of the Gifted

Ahh part of the Holy Trinity of comics (imo) during the 80s and 90s.

Far Side
Bloom County
Calvin and Hobbes

Ahh part of the Holy Trinity of comics (imo) during the 80s and 90s.

Far Side
Bloom County
Calvin and Hobbes
My all time three favorites.
A special mention of honor, a local comic from my Univ. of Illinois days... way way back in the day. A comic strip called Bob and Dave.

ETA: just googled "Bob and Dave comic strip" and what came up was NOT what I was referring to. My Bob and Dave was a student drawn strip in the student newspaper for Univ. of Il. Very simple art, but funny as hell. Somewhere... in amongst all my crap, I have a comic book of sorts that they put out. Will have to look for it.

Last edited:
My favorite was the two ducks sitting at the bar. One had a sling on it's wing. He was saying "And then she asked me what I was doing checking out decoys...." - classic.

best

mqqn

My favorite was the two ducks sitting at the bar. One had a sling on it's wing. He was saying "And then she asked me what I was doing checking out decoys...." - classic.

best

mqqn
The Boneless Chicken Ranch is my all time fav F.S

I still remember my very first Far Side: "Look at me everybody, I'm a cowboy. Howdy, howdy, howdy!"

You guys want some Far Side hilarity, find the book "Prehistory of the Far Side".

Gary recalls some comics that were so bad they were rejected.

The real treasures are the comics that he thought were so bad and inappropriate that he didn't even submit them. :eek:

Some truly great stories in this compendium. It's the one with the T-rex skeleton on the cover.

Back