• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Farid CPM-REX-121 ‘K2’ possible folder project

Heyyy, this one is mine :eek: :D:cool:
Update:
This is the first completed CPM-REX 121 K2, it is also the only one which is a left hand friendly as well as tip down.

0014.jpg

0023.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Update:

All who have paid so far I have shipped out your REX k2 knives today, I also paid for insurance on all the packages.

I like to thank all those who have paid, your REX 121 K2 knives are on their way to you and I hope you will be very happy with them.
Those who have not responded to my three requests for payment please kindly forward your payment so I can ship your REX K2 out asap fully insured. I am sorry to say I no longer have the time to ask again as I am so very busy, provided your payment is received by end of today I will have no choice but to offer the knife to the next interested collector. Thank you all for your understanding.

Mine arrived today (I'm in UK). Suffice to say, I do not think anyone is going to be disappointed:

IMG_7406.jpg

iPhone for scale:

IMG_7388.jpg

Spyderco UKPK for scale:

IMG_7407.jpg

IMG_7397.jpg

IMG_7404.jpg

Balance point:

IMG_7396.jpg

Will do a review when I've got to know it better. It's beautifully put together and must have been job to grind.

Thanks, Farid, and to all those who backed this (crazy) project.

Remember, just like climbing Everest or K2, it doesn't have to make sense!

I have the last 6 CPM REX 121 K2 folders, please add your name if you are able to take one now, they are packaged up and ready for shipping. All are right hand.

1- Tip up
2- Tip up
3- Tip down
4- Tip down
5- Tip down (fitted with oversized 6AL/4V stop pin)
6- Tip down (fitted with oversized 6AL/4V stop pin)

I'll take #3 and #4, both tip down with the regular, stainless stop pin:

I have the last 6 CPM REX 121 K2 folders, please add your name if you are able to take one now, they are packaged up and ready for shipping. All are right hand.

1- Tip up
2- Tip up
3- Tip down
4- Tip down

Thank you, I will ship out asap for you.

1- Tip up
2- Tip up
3- Tip down Gunsnknives
4- Tip down Gunsnknives

So...now that I'm in the "Guys with cool knives" club:

What are the +/- of CPM Rex 121. Obviously it is a SUPER wear resistant steel but from ANYONE's experience:
-Does it take a fine edge (yes I'm obsessed with that right now)
-How is the edge stability? Will it take a narrow angled bevel?
-I'm assuming it will rust readily. Is it similar to Aogami Super Blue for corrosion resistance?
-How tough is the steel at Rc 68-70? Will it chip easily?
-Any other things?

Thanks all...I'm very excited by all this! And yes, I think I jumped before looking here :).

I am interested in one of the tip up folders, but I must see if I can afford one at this time. Please message what one of the tip up folders would cost shipped to Las Vegas. If I can budget one, I'll take it and pay within the day!

Thanks

1- Tip up BeLurkin
2- Tip up
3- Tip down Gunsnknives
4- Tip down Gunsnknives

ShishouMatt

Emailed you, Thanks

Last edited:
1- Tip up BeLurkin
2- Tip up
3- Tip down Gunsnknives
4- Tip down Gunsnknives
6- Tip down (fitted with oversized 6AL/4V stop pin) SOLD

Back