• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Farid CPM-REX-121 ‘K2’ possible folder project

How much were these going for? And what do they look like? Think you'll make another run?

What was the price set for this folder, I forget, but I believe it was 650 dollars. Is this a correct figure. So a 100 dollar deposit plus another 550 dollars plus shipping.
I want to be sure I transfer enough into my Pay Pal account well ahead so I can pay with no delay.He should be getting close to completion.
Getting too old so the old memory cells are not ticking over as they should.

Thanks for your help.

Leo

The list was closed at the end of last August. 20 knives in total on the list.

I am really excited for this knife....

If you couldn't tell. :D

I honestly can't remember for some reason either $550 or $650 seems to ring a bell.
It was $650.

Any updates on this from Farid, Tony, or anyone else who's been keeping an eye on the thread? Just curious, since I'm on the list for a few of these -- figured I should get a few since CPM REX 121 knives don't come along often, let alone in folder form -- and am really looking forward to them.

Hello Chris,
A few months ago I had 3 months of Back problems so that put me behind quite some time, then had to take care of other things and get fit again and two weeks ago I had some surgery, I have finished around 70% of the folders but the rest will take a little longer, sorry everything has not quite gone to plan but this week I will get back on the project and make some progress.
Sorry everyone for the delay. F

It was $650.

Any updates on this from Farid, Tony, or anyone else who's been keeping an eye on the thread? Just curious, since I'm on the list for a few of these -- figured I should get a few since CPM REX 121 knives don't come along often, let alone in folder form -- and am really looking forward to them.

I should've signed up when I had the chance. Now I can only admire from afar and envy.....

I should've signed up when I had the chance. Now I can only admire from afar and envy.....

You and me both. I also regret not signing up when I had the chance. It's gonna hurt when the pics come out for these bad boys!

I want to see one too. Just picked up an XL Martin Tejas and that is a helluva folder so these I assume will be along the same lines. It seems like someone should have one with 70% being done. keepem sharp

I doubt will this super-high wear resistance steel could be a good blade steel? Doesn't it would lack in toughness or something?

Don't wanna perverse just doubt though...

Back